Chapter 26

Jordan's POV

Today was James brother's wedding day.

I stood in front of my mirror dressed in a gown looking at myself,

I was tempted to wear a turtle neck to cover the scars that my cast left but after much debate with Gisele. She picked an outfit that she liked combined with what I asked for.

A/N : *Picture on top*

I looked at myself again to make sure nothing was showing through the lace. 

"Ok, I am ready," I said to myself before I walked down the stairs and got my car keys. I drove to the wedding , I insisted since my boyfriend was the best man and couldn't be late for his own brother's wedding.

I arrived, the valet parked my car for me. I tipped him as a 'thank you'.   I walked inside and caught James's eyes. He walked toward me in awe as if this was the first time he was seeing me.

" Have I ever told you how breathtaking you look?" He said as he approached me.

"Thank you, never hurt to be reminded" I responded, he smiled as he gave me a peck on the lips.

"Come, I would like you to meet my brother," James said taking his hand in mine.

We reached this older version of James, he looked like a combination of  James and his father.

"Jaxon, this is my girlfriend Jordan Parker"

"Very pleased to meet you,  I've heard a lot about you. You do amazing works. Thank You for coming, I really appreciate it. Feel free to seat in the front row " Jaxon said as he shakes my hand.

I smiled in agreement, "Thank You, and Congratulations, best of luck" I said to him.

Someone came to get Jaxon and James as the ceremony was starting. They walked to the front of the altar, while I take my seat in the front row as Jaxon requested.

As soon as I sat down, I got back up to greet the bride, she entered accompanied by her father. Her dress was beautifully long. She had her blonde hair up, strands of her hair falling to the side, she was smiling from ear to ear. She looked beautiful.

She walked slowly toward Jaxon, Jaxon never taking his eyes off of her. They seemed like they were in a trance.

Once she reached the front, Jaxon came to meet her. He also shook her father's hand. 

We all sat down when the ceremony began. It was time for the vows, the bride was done saying her vows, then Jaxon took his turn. She cried as she listened to them. James's eyes were fixated on me, as every word from his brother's left his mouth.

He winked at me as his brother finishes, showing me his side dimples.

I could feel the heat rises up my cheek, I lowered my head to hide my blush.

------------------------------

The reception was at the same location, all we had to do was walk across a bridge. The bridge was also decorated with flowers. It was illuminated with those Christmas lights.   Everything was outside under a tent, people were speaking, taking pictures while I was just standing there.

James came to my rescue from standing awkwardly to myself.

"Follow me," He said and he led me to the family table so I can be more of an outcast.

"I would go get us some drinks," he said.

He walked to the bar in the corner while he waits for our drinks, a girl came to talk to him. They laughed, then talked some more. When our drink was done, the bartender handed James our glass. She said something then she kissed him.

I was frozen in my seat as the scene unfolds in front of me.  I didn't know what to do until my vision started to get blurry. I slowly excused myself from the table.

I knew it was too good to be true, I know nobody was perfect but I wanted to believe that James was. 

I rushed to find the exit until I remember the path on the bridge.

I was almost on the other side of the bridge until I was stopped by the sound of my name.

"Jordan, wait"

James got neared me but I backed away a little.

"I always said love was bullshit, I let you in, you made me believe that it was okay to o-open up," I said to him as tears started to flow down my eyes. "Why am I crying? I am so sick of crying."

"Jordan, I am very sorry you had to see that. I am sorry that it even happened. It was all so sudden. It's a misunderstanding, I can explain. " 

"What was that back there? You don't care about me"  I said coming closer to him. 

"She was reading the room wrong, she thought I came alone. I wanted to show her, my beautiful girlfriend. When I asked her to turn around and point to you, you were already making your way to the door, she apologizes"  He said putting his hand around my waist to hold me in place.

" I love You, I have known for a long time now. I told you on Christmas eve but you were sleeping.  I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I don't want to see tears in your eyes unless they are tears of joy. I meant it when I said I wanted to marry you. You came into my life and gave it meaning. I love everything you do, to your snoring, the music you play while you drive, your smile, everything. Nothing you do can make me not want you. I need you. I need you as my best friend and my soulmate. Let me show you, let me show you that love exists." He finishes.

I stared at him speechless. He just poured his heart to me. I did love him. I was scared, I always taught myself to love no one so I can't be hurt. I tried to ruin the one good thing that made me stronger throughout this whole year. 

He cupped my cheek in one hand and wiped the tear from my face. He pulled me closer until I can feel his breath on my lips. He stared at my eyes, I don't know what he was searching for. 

"I love you too," I said to him. 

He smiled and as if he was waiting for that as a confirmation, then I finally kissed him. It felt like the first time all over again. I felt all the tingling emotions as before. I was scared but I wanted him, I was ready to lean into him and love him. Fireworks exploded, for a second it felt like it was in my head but ...

literally, as we stand on the bridge, we saw the big fireworks in the sky giving beautiful sparks. He smiled but didn't pull back. 

"My brother always has to do outdo himself," he said and I kissed him again.

<><><><><><>

Author's Note: Me and these character names,

I lack creativity, Do not judge me (LOL). All their name start with "J" or "G"

HURT ME, LoL