Chapter 25

Jordan's POV

It's been such a hard year but I was glad that it was coming to an end.

I sighed as I turn off all my electronic devices for the day. I locked my office door then walked toward the hall leading to the elevator.

"Merry Christmas, Christmas," I said laughing as I pass my secretary's office. She was typing on her computer.

" Oh no, you do this every year, it's not even Christmas," She said lifting her head to look at me from her door "I hate this time of the year just because of that. Kids at my school used to tease me, I guess it will never get old" She said. We both laughed at the irony.

I handed her an envelope that had money in it as a holiday present for all her hard works this year. She was right, it was Christmas eve actually but since I am not going to see her the next day then I always take advantage of the day before. Christmas packed up her work bag and walked with me to the elevator.

We both got in our car and drove home. While on the way, I tried to call James for some company but he didn't answer. I called Gaby but she didn't answer as well.

Everyone was just avoiding me today. Great.

I reached home, parked my car, and took out my keys to open my house door.

I turned the door handle but was quickly tackled by small hands along with screams. I dropped my bag on the floor to pick up Amber and Greyson.

"Happy birthday Auntie Jordan," They said in unison. I smiled as I thank them and kissed their cheek. I placed them back down, and they ran straight to their mother.

My family and friends all came to embrace me next.

"Oh wow, we didn't think we were going to get you this year," Jerome said as he comes to me with a glass of champagne in his hand.

"Honestly, it was a classic. She has been forgetting her birthday since pigs fly " Gisele followed

" Haha," I said with sarcasm at Gisele remarked

"Happy Birthday Babe," James said kissing me lightly. I smiled as I returned his kiss.

"Happy Birthday sister," Gaby said with all her excitement,

"That's why you guys been avoiding me all day, huh? How old are you guys ?" I said as I look fake upset.

They only laughed at me,

"Oh, relax. Happy Birthday, Silly. We tried to give you some fun " my stepmother said coming over with my dad. "Happy Birthday Princess, I got a present for you later," my dad said while he hugs me.

Arielle walked in with the cake, and the scary number 26 candles lit, reminding me how old I was getting. They started singing the 'happy birthday' song and I joined in.

I was happy that everyone that I cared for was under the same roof celebrating with me.

When it reached midnight, everyone started to head back to their home. My parents left first, with dad complaining it was getting too late for him.

Arielle went to spend time with her own family during the holiday.

Jerome and Gisele left not too soon after that.

To my surprise, Gaby left as well. Saying she had to be somewhere and for me to not wait on her.

Which left James and me alone, he offered to help me clean after everyone.

Once we were done cleaning, I showered upstairs in my sister's bathroom and he showered in my room.

I was comfortable with my body now, especially with the scars looking smaller with time. But I still can't bring myself to be naked in front of James again. James understood that which I was grateful for.

He still laid down beside me to cuddle.

"Did you enjoy your birthday? You know you can tell me what you wished for, I will keep it a secret" He said as I lay on his chest to listen to his heartbeat.

"Yes, I did, thank you. No, I won't tell you because it was supposed to be a secret," I said.

"Well, that's too bad. I have a magic wand hidden to grant wishes faster. " He said

"Ok, Cinderella fairy Godfather," I said. He kissed the top of my head as I closed my eyes.

But before I fell in my slumber, I heard the three magic words. It wasn't just any simple words. I wished the alcohol was speaking but still I heard them.

"I love You Jordan"

---------------------

I woke up to an empty bed. James wasn't beside me. I worry that was he was getting paid back from the hotel room.

"Now I know how he felt when I left" I mumbled to myself.

Then all of a sudden, I got a pounding headache from all the drinking I did. I also remembered that James said that he LOVED me ?!

A smell from downstairs made me come back to reality. I got up to walk toward it since I literally told Arielle to go home. What could she be doing back? Shockingly, it was James.

James had on an apron and some sweats cooking us breakfast.

"Goodmorning beautiful," he said as he looked over his shoulder. "Merry Christmas," he said as he handed me some Advil and some water.

"Thank You, this is beautiful," I said coming into the kitchen,

"Marry me and you can have this every morning," He said.

I almost swallowed the water into the wrong pipe. Are we not going to address the fact that he told me 'I love you' last night and jump straight into marriage? What is his end game? Is he trying to kill me?

I didn't say anything as I stare at him buttering the knife so casually.

"Since we are on the subject of marriage, my brother is coming to town. He is going to get married here so all of our family can attend. How would you feel about being my plus one since you almost had a heart attack at the mention of marrying me? "

"No, I didn't mean it like that -- " I said

I didn't even know James felt that strongly about me. We never really spoke on that subject, maybe I was avoiding it but maybe not. He just told me he loved me and I didn't even get to process it.

I always shield myself away from love because I wasn't raised with it. My mother passed away while giving birth to me, and my dad  didn't have the love of his life growing old beside him. I was happy for my father and stepmother now but I just wish that my biological parents were together to showcase the true meaning of their vows.

I learned about this type of love in High school but it was too late, I got my heart broken with my first boyfriend and didn't want to feel that hurt pain again or not at all.

I didn't know what to stay and a small silence was creeping its way until James spoke again.

"It's okay, I was playing with you, we don't have to think about this now," He said laughing.

"Yes, I would love to be your plus one," I said playfully rolling my eyes,

"Wouldn't have it any other way" James said leaning down to kiss me.

<><><><><><>

A/N: We are almost reaching the ending of the book. As sad as it is,  it's also amazing that  I got to share it with all of you guys.