Chapter 22

Jordan's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night but didn't open my eyes.  It has been 7 nights in a row of me  turning and tossing trying to go back to sleep but couldn't

I opened my eyes, staring into nothingness.

I was having flashbacks of the kidnapping.  Since Vincent emailed me, I felt like everything was happening again.

Gabby opened my door slowly, assuming I was sleeping and crawled in my bed next to me.

The sun was coming up slightly at my window. It was only five in the morning.

I got up slowly as not to wake her and head to the bathroom.

I did my morning routine, dressed myself up for work.

I went downstairs, Arielle asked how I was doing and I lied so I don't get more questions asked. She handed me my breakfast and I sat down in the kitchen table.

I drove to work, knowing nobody will be at the office that early in the morning.

I made my coffee before Christmas came using the mug that my boyfriend gave me and I sat on my computer. It still weird having a boyfriend. I was so focused through high school when everyone finds out that I had money. College was the same, I didn't want to deal with any boy and just focused on my friends.  

I contemplated if I should answer to Vincent's email and I  finally decided to reply,

To: FBI Agent Vincent

                                  Dear Vincent, Thank you for your concern. I am well now and I would like to testify against Michael but I don't think I am ready to see his face.

-  Jordan

I wrote him a short reply back and continue to do my work.

—————  Flashback

I opened my office door, and was met with my dad.

"Dad," I said with a shocked and confused face.

"What are you doing here ?" I asked

"I wanted to talk to you," He said, walking past me to my office.

"Yeah ... What is it you wanted to talk about? "

"I've been worried bout you"

"Dad, I am fine. You didn't need to trouble yourself to come all the way over here" I said still standing at the door of my office.

" No Jordan. You haven't reached out to me, or anyone to talk" I closed my office door knowing where this conversation was going to go.

" I texted you last week " I joked,

" I talked to a friend of mine, she's a therapist" he started disregarding my sarcasm. 

"Woah, a therapist? Dad, I am fine." I said lying to my dad. 

 "I know my daughter, something horrible happen to you, you choose to bottle what happened Jordan. You remind me of your mother.  I was scared and- and you came back and went straight to work.  You acting like everything is okay. So ... I think you should go see her before you testify in court" He said looking at me.

I stood there speechless. He brought up my mother, I - I didn't know what to say.  I didn't know it affected him since I have been back.

"I'll go see her dad" I accepted, because of the worried look of my dad.