CHAPTER TEN - I want some waffles

Tyson POV

"Hey, Ty?" Alex's quiet voice reached my ears. "Why don't you join me?"

I opened my eyes and saw her hesitantly peaking from the edge of my bed. It reminded me of the time when we were at Angel's house; she was on the bed looking down at me lying on the floor. I remembered how I got there. And more specifically – why I got there. I recollected how she ground against me just once and how my body responded to that. What if she tried something similar now?

"I'm fine," I responded in a low voice.

"I promise I won't come onto you tonight."

"I said I'm fine!" I snapped at her, getting peeved that she figured out why I wanted to stay away from her.

"Fine! Have it your way then!"

Alex got up from the bed, taking the pillow and covers with her. I watched her in confusion as she placed one sheet on the floor next to me and lied down covering herself with the other.

"What are you doing?" I asked the girl.

"If you're not sleeping on the bed, then neither am I!"

"Why not?"

"Chyvstvam se vinovna," she muttered.

"What?"

"I said... Never mind! Go to sleep!"

"Alex?" She didn't respond and just closed her eyes. "Alex!" She fake-snored. "Alex, I know you're awake!" She snored again, only louder this time. "Damn it, Alexandra! Stop getting on my fucking nerves and answered my darn question!"

"I said I was feeling guilty... You know, for occupying your bed while you are on the floor," she responded, not opening her eyes. She seemed almost shy to admit it.

So this girl actually had a conscience, huh?

I thought about the whole situation. There was no point in both of us sleeping down here and leaving the bed empty. True, it was a single bed, but with Alex being so small, she wouldn't take up much space. And she did promise to leave me alone.

I sighed.

"Okay! We're both using the bed." I finally agreed, getting off the floor.

*****

The first thing I saw when I woke up the next morning was the still asleep and snoring (this time for real) Alex. I tried to contain my laughter when I saw her.

Her hair was a mess. Her head was tilted to the side and her mouth was gapping wide. She had twisted her body in the most unbelievable and probably spine-breaking position with her right hand covering her head and her left leg dangling off the bed. She was lying on her stomach and the pillow had somehow managed to get under it. The bed covers were now lying in a ball on the floor.

It's got to be one of the most comical sights I've ever seen!

"Alex," I called her softly. I frowned, noticing the tone of my voice.

Why was I so nice today?

"Alex!" I said less tenderly and shook her.

She groaned.

"I can't go to school today, Kevin; I'm sick!" She let out an unconvincing cough.

Who's Kevin?

"I'm not making you go to school. It's Saturday."

"Oh! I'm fine then," she replied sleepily. "I'm still not getting up though." Her forehead wrinkled as if she was trying to comprehend something. "Wait... Tyson?" Her eyes opened slowly and gazed into mine. "Why the fuck did you wake me up?"