CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - What's up, hubby

A/N: Agnostic - one who is doubtful whether there is a God. An agnostic does not deny the existence of God and heaven but holds that one cannot know for certain whether or not they exist.

*****

Tyson POV

I walked into the service-station. I was glad to have my old job back. It’s been a while since I did anything legal. I wished I hadn’t quit in the first place, but I didn’t have much of a choice back then. I needed more money, so when Kent came to me with a better offer than Jimmy (albeit an illegal one), I just couldn’t say no. It didn’t involve stealing but something else I was good at. And so my new career path was set and before I was even sixteen, I’d already become a regular at the Ring.

The moment I entered the station, I was greeted by Jimmy and Big Joe. The later was Jimmy’s friend and another one of the workers here.

Big Joe was the type of person most people would avoid: he was six feet six, overweight yet with muscled arms, mean looking and with tattoos covering his whole body. But it would be their lost: he was one of the nicest people I’ve ever met.

“Hey!” I returned their salutations. I looked at the time: late afternoon. I had come here after school today. I was supposed to pick up Tallie (that’s what Alex had been calling the doll after bailing me out) but since I was now working, we changed our arrangement. The deal was for her to bring the baby here when it was time to close. “Are we the only ones working today?”

“Yep.” Jimmy responded. “It’s not a busy day so far, but you can start working on that black Toyota over there.”

“So, Tyson…” Big Joe started just as I opened the hood of the car. There was a hint of amusement in his voice and a sly grin, warning me that I was not going to enjoy his next words. “Jimbo here told me about your little ordeal in the lock-up. How are the wife and kid?” They both burst out laughing.

Remember when I thought he was a nice guy? I’ve changed my mind!

*****

Throughout my whole time here, they wouldn’t stop making fun of my situation with Alex and Tallie. I knew they were only messing around but it really pissed me off. So I was glad when the work day was almost over. Of course that meant Alex showing up here with the baby.

Speak of the devil…

“Hey, hubby! How was work?”

She opted for an innocent expression but her chocolate brown eyes were lit with amusement. Sensing there was something interesting going on, both of my coworkers stopped what they were doing to stare at us instead.

I swear I’ll kill this girl!

“Give me the baby and get lost!” I gnashed my teeth.

“Hey!” She protested, faking hurt and placing the palm of her left hand just where her black tank top ended over her collarbone. The right one securely held the baby. “Is that any way to talk to the mother of your child?”

“Just give it to me and beat it!”

“Oh, my, Tyson! Give it to you in front of all these people? Tc-tc! And you call me kinky…”

I heard Jimmy and Joe’s jolly laughter as a result of my current misfortune.

“Alex!” I growled in warning. “Give me Tallie and go away!”

Here We Go Again ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara