CHAPTER FIFTEEN - Not my best day

Tyson POV

I took a sip of my beer, taking in my surroundings. It was the middle of the week, yet the bar was crowded tonight. People of different ages and from both sexes were drinking, toasting, laughing and of course, flirting and hooking-up. No one was paying any attention to me and my companions, some of us obviously underage.

"What I wouldn't do to get me some of that!" Bret mused with a lusty tone and I turned to see what he was talking about. It came as no surprise to me that the subject in question was a group of six girls, drinking at a nearby table. Tonight's targets seemed to be in their early twenties and it was obvious they were having a girls' night out: they had dressed up, done their hair and make up, polished their nails... And not a single boyfriend was in sight. I was sure that at least half of those hotties were in some sort of relationship; you don't look like that and stay single for long.

I noted they were eyeing our table, one girl in particular regarding me with a sultry look. Her long black hair framed her pretty, heart-shaped face. Her slender legs were almost bare as her short, tight red dress ended well above mid-thigh. Noticing my gaze on her, the girl winked at me and smiled. She had a beautiful smile.

So how come I didn't feel anything for her? I was well aware how attractive this girl was and by the way she was checking me out, I knew I could have her. Yet I wasn't going to make a move on her.

There were no sparks flying, no chemistry between us, no flutter of butterflies in my stomach... There was nothing to indicate she was the girl for me.

I turned away and took a long swig of my beverage.

What the hell was wrong with me? I was a healthy teenage boy; I should be going out of my way to get with a girl like her.

So how come I didn't want her? How come I didn't want any of the girls from my school or from my neighborhood?

I knew I was a looker; I knew that girls craved me. Every normal guy would take advantage of that. But no, I was always searching for something more in a girl, for something... Damn! I didn't even know what exactly I was searching for! I just wanted a girl who would excite me, keep me on my toes, make me nervous... Make me feel alive.

God, I sounded ridiculous even to my own ears!

I reached for my bottle again, lifting it up to my lips, only to realize it was now empty. Deciding I needed some more alcohol, preferably enough to make me stop dreaming about a non-existent girl, I got up and headed for the bar to order another beer. Or maybe I should get something stronger this time? I didn't come with my bike so I didn't have to worry about driving home drunk... Something stronger it was!

I reached the bar and ordered a whiskey. Just as I was contemplating on whether I should drink it all at once as if was a shot or if I should take my time with the golden liquid, someone lightly bumped me on my shoulder.

"Hi," a melodic voice came from my left and once I turned around I saw it belonged to the tall, pretty, black-haired girl with the red dress. "I'm Becky."

"Tyson," I answered curtly and the girl smiled at me. She had beautiful, small lips that reminded me of Alex's.

Seriously? Alex? Why was I thinking about her right now?

I swallowed my drink at once and ordered a second.

"The same for me," Becky told the bartender.

"This one is on the house, babe," he replied, handing her the order, his eyes running up and down her scantily clad body.

"See Tyson? That is how you are supposed to act around a girl like her!" I mentally noted.

"Cheers!" Becky said, lifting her glass to salute me. I nodded curtly and zeroed in on my own drink.