Chapter 14: tim's payments

Today was the day. I honestly didn't know how to describe the way I was feeling about meeting the women (who's name I still have yet to learn) who knew my mother. I had a whole lot of questions to ask her. I just hope she was willing to answer them.

"So what exactly is your grade in English?" Lindsay asked as we sat in the library.

"I got a B plus." I responded. "What about you?"

"C minus." Lindsay pouts as she continued searching through pictures of Dave Franco on Google Images. "He's so attractive." She replied as she scrolled through them. I looked over at her and started laughing at the lovestruck look on her face.

"He really is though. Too bad he's famous and out of our league." I sighed taking a bite out of the cookie I stole from Grayson during lunch.

I had to fight hard for this cookie, and let me tell you it tastes amazing.

"Yeah we're stuck with stupid high school boys." Lindsay rolled her eyes.

"I'm right here!" Brett nearly shouted as he made his presence noticable. I glanced at him and waved smiling at him.

"Why are you here by the way?" I asked as I dropped my hand onto my lap.

Brett stood up from the chair and dragged it so it was in the middle of Lindsay and I, I looked at him giving him a strange look before he threw his arms over our shoulders and yanked us closer to him. "Just to spend some quality time with my favourite girls."

"Get off of me, meathead." Lindsay says as she pushed him off her. What a lovely girlfriend she is.

"Oh shutup cougar." Brett says as he thumped her on the head.

I stared at the couple awkwardly and stood up from my chair. I can either sit here and listen to them call eachother names which will only lead to them making out, or I can hurry and leave out of here while I'm still alive. I chose the easy way out. "Yeah, I'm gonna go."

I left before either of them could say a word and ran into the hallway. I continued eating the cookie in my hand until I was interrupted by a familiar voice.

"Well if it isn't the cookie monster." He said as he stopped right in front of me. I looked at his outfit, which was black jeans and a plain maroon shirt, he had a gray sweater unzipped over it. Gray- son. Haha

How does he always manage to look good?

"Hi Grayson!" I said before he realized I was checking him out. Which I barely ever do, because I don't date. But when you see an attractive guy you can't just not check them out. It's too tempting. "Want a bite?" I teased him. I still had a half a cookie left, I eat extremely slow.

"No I don't want a bite. But I'd like it if you bought me some more." He responded as he walked beside me. I sort of knew he would ask me to buy him more. Afterall, I did fight him earlier in front of everyone in the cafeteria just to get this cookie. I shrugged and stuffed the rest of the cookie in my mouth.

"Don't you have class right now?" I asked him when I finished chewing. I held the door out for him as we started heading upstairs, because I'm nice. He should appreciate that.

"Don't you have class right now?" He spoke, throwing the same words back at me. I glared at him, for using my words. He has no right. I ignored his statement and carried on.

"Actually I have a pass to be out here." I told him as I flaunted the pass my teacher gave me so I could go to the library. I had to beg him to let me go to the library. He wasn't up for it until I told him about snitching to Principal Lopez about him letting students retake the district test last month. It wasn't allowed, but he still let students do it. So in the end, I had the upperhand and he let me go.