Chapter 35: going back

I didn't know this area, that part was obvious. I found myself walking down different streets dragging a large black suitcase with me – I looked ridiculous and it was the middle of the day. I'm sure theres people out looking for me right now, so I need to be aware of my surroundings. I had the phone Cora gave me in my bag so I dug it out and turned it on.

    I connected to cheap ass wifi in front of the house I was standing at and used it to facetime Gabe. "Hey, we just got off the phone like twenty minutes ago you know."

"Yeah I know." I sighed, sitting down on their front steps, not really caring. "Listen I have a problem and I need you to get ahold of Vincent right now to come get me."

"Woah, back up now, what's going on?" He asked blinking a few times.

"I left Gabe." I stated. "I left the house, the husband told me he's calling Carrie and having me removed so I ran. I need Vincent to come and get me so I can have somewhere to hide." I was practically begging him.

  He went quiet – from the way he stared at the floor I could tell he was deep in thought. "We told you Alexis.... we told you to listen and behave, why would you do this? You just made it worse for yourself." Gabe sighed, disappointment written all over his face in sharpie. I knew what I did was wrong, but there's no going back now.

"I know... but I can't go back now." I told him.

"But you need to. So go back right now please."

"No Gabe." I said angrily. "I'm not going back there, ever!" I hung up after that having enough with him because he wasn't even helping. I groaned, and kicked the bush on the lawn dramatically before grabbing ahold of my suitcase and walking off again dialing Vincent's number only for it to go to voicemail.

"Westbrooke." I heard. I turned around immediately to the sound of the voice to see Marshall standing on the porch steps of a bright blue house. "I was waiting to see you out on the streets one of these days, how's your cute friend doing?"

"None of your business." I replied, scowling at the idiot. I can't stand him, I haven't been able to since that fight. I walked off, only to hear his footsteps run after me.

"Why do you have a suitcase?" He asked, laughing. "Are you trying to run away?"

"What does what I'm doing have to do with you Marshall?" I said, turning around. "Just leave me alone."

"I can't help it, I'm nosey." He shrugs, gripping onto the handle of the suitcase so I couldn't pull away with it. "If you're trying to run, I'd be willing to let you crash at my place if you want."

I snorted, finding him amusing and dug my nails into the top of his hand forcing him to release his grip on my suitcase. I headed off after that, ignoring his footsteps from behind me - I knew at one point he'd leave me alone. I took my phone out a few minutes later and redialed Vincent's number in hopes of him answering – and thankfully, he did.

"Vincent." I said, letting out a breath of relief that he answered the phone. "Come get me please."

"Gabe already told me what you're up to. He told me you aren't going back also." He sighs, "Just tell me your location and I'll come get you."

Thankful, I turned toward Marshall staring at him for a moment. "What's your address?"

"208 Patricia Circle." He replied, smirking at me. Rolling my eyes, I repeated the address to Vincent who told me he'd leave in twenty minutes to come and pick me up.

After I got off the phone I turned back toward Marshall glaring at him. "Can you let me stay at your place until my ride comes to get me?" I ask him.