Chapter 31: polka dotted bows

I was brought back to Los Angeles by the lady – I haven't bothered to even learn her name. I'm angry. I've been angry for hours. My thoughts have completely consumed me to the point where I'm beginning to scare myself.

I've never been into a foster home, but I've seen what they can be like on TV. I've seen what group homes are like on TV aswell. I can safely say I want neither. I want nothing to do with them. I just want to go home and surround myself with my friends.

The second we entered the streets I know all too well, my heart began to clench and I wanted to scream and cry. It was around nine in the morning and I should have been in school.

Before I could open my mouth the car stopped in front of my home. It looked the same as it always does. Chipping wood, broken down steps on the front and in serious need of lawn mow. The lights were on, and I could vaguely see people walking around in it.

"Come on Alexis." She said, turning the car off and getting out. I stared at the house for a minute longer before getting out. I got the handcuffs off back in Nevada City when I was told to get in the car with his chick. The entire car ride with her was aggravating. She drives so goddamn slow. I followed after her inside the house. I could hear arguing. But I couldn't pin point the voices.

  That was until the voices became all too clear and I screamed, running into the kitchen tackling Christian to the ground. I hugged him tightly, holding onto him for dear life. "Oh my god." I breathed, pulling away and glancing down at him to see his eyes bulging out of his head.

"A-Alexis?" He stuttered, sitting up more. He looked away from me for a moment and over to Hunter who was sitting on the counter with his phone dangling from his hand. I could hear someone shouting on the other line. I rushed over snatching the phone.

"Hello? Hello?" I said into the phone trying to figure out who was on the other end. When he talked back, my heart started beating faster than ever.

"Lexis!" Grayson shouted into the line. He wasn't in school. "You're home? I'm coming right now with Gabe and his parents. Don't move." Hearing his voice had my knees weak.

"You need to hurry Gray, social services brought me here." I told him before Hunter snatched the phone back and began talking.

  "Who are you guys?" The woman spoke from the doorway. Honestly, I kind of forgot she was there.

"Family." Christian answers, "Who are you? Are you trying to take my cousin?" Cousin? I snorted.

She ignored Christian and walked over to me grabbing me by the arm. "Alexis, I know you want to see your family but we aren't here for that. I thought it'd maybe be nice if we would stop and grab some of your belongings that you'd like to take."

"Take where? Where are you taking her?" Hunter said, hopping off the counter and grasping onto my free arm yanking me away from the woman effortlessly and pushing me behind him. "You guys can't take her. Her Dad is coming to get her right now."

"Her Dad doesn't have custody of her anymore. He lost it as of yesterday." She stated. "I'll be taking Alexis to a group home to stay before we can get her a temporary foster home."

"That's not her father." Christian glares at her. "Tim Gauthier is not her father. Her dad is Joseph Ramirez."

"He is?" I said peeking around Hunter, "They confirmed it?"

   He nodded his head, causing me to smile. Joseph is my dad! I was about to speak but footsteps were heard, Grayson and Gabe came running in panting with Bianca and Joseph coming in behind them.