Forced Hatered

"I told you not to call me. You are a married man. Stop calling."

Karan smirks at his reflection in the mirror as he hears her voice, through the cell phone.

"I am getting married. There is a difference. I am still a single man. You've got nothing to worry about."

"But what about your poor fiancé, who is probably going through the tortures, people refer to as pampering your body, hair, face, and nails." Her mocking voice says.

"Oh whatever tortures she is going through will probably be worth the pain, she is after all getting married to me" Karan says as he turns away from the mirror to examine the 'Shervani', he is going to wear today, lying on his bed.

He continues speaking as he caresses the smooth surface of the Shervani, "She is probably going through it willingly just to match up to my good looks."

Karan chuckles as he hear her infuriated gasp and can almost see her mouth wide open, brows furrowed and an angry scowl on her face

"You know what, that ugly girl needs to go and get her make up done for tonight, so she is going to hang up now." Karan grins at his cell phone, when Ridhima hangs up on him.

They have been talking non stop to each other, through calls and when they were not talking to each other, they were texting.

It is not love. Yet.

But it is something.

Not love. Not like. But the stage before that.

Today is their wedding day. And he has not seen Ridhima since the first meeting.

And Ridhima has asked him not tell the parents about their meet up because then they would ask how they met, then she'd have to tell them she was out and then something about a lot of questions and her getting in trouble.

He has no idea how she can be in trouble. It is not like they can ground her, she is getting married, she'd move out anyway.

He is broken from his thoughts, when his phone rings. He looks down to see that it is his best friend Ayaan.

"Hel-"

"The fuck Singhania , you didn't tell me you are getting married. Had it not been for the invitation I would have missed it."

"It was a sudden decision, I sent you the invitation as soon as the wedding was finali-"

"Save it. You are throwing a party when you come back. No objection. By the way Varun is mad. He can't make it to the wedding he tried to cancel his meetings and stuff but....you know how it works."

Varun is Karan's other best friend and they have been friends since they were in pre-school.

And contrary to all cliché, his parents don't like his friends.