Willing Accidents

One month ago

"Please, pick up the phone." Karan tries to contact Ridhima for the hundredth time in a span of twenty four hours, but she is still unreachable.

The media is going crazy since yesterday.
Ridhima had apparently released the video Prachi has recorded on the Internet .

He went home and found it empty. She didn't go home , neither did she go to Siddharth's house. And on top of that she is not picking up her phone. Karan has never felt so restless and frustrated in his whole life. He wants her next to him and he wants her safe.
His phone rings before he can redial Ridhima's number.

"Hello."
"What has your foolish wife done! The police is investigating our whole house. I have never felt so disgraced in my whole life. Clear this up, or I will not sit quietly." Gautam Singhania yells at Karan. 

"Let the police investigate, it is not like they can find anything against you when you are absolutely innocent. Right dad?" He replies tactfully.

"O..ofcourse."
His father falters. "But to be searched like Criminals is still very demeaning!"

The telephone on Karan's office desk starts to ring, giving Karan to escape his insufferable father.

"Dad I'll call you later. " He hangs up the phone.

"Sir, the hacker has located Mrs. Singhania's location." His company's IT specialist informs him.

"Where is that woman."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Please give me a good reason why you are staying at my ex-girlfriend's house? And WHY THE HELL DID YOU NOT PICK UP MY CALLS?"

          "Don't yell at me Mr.Singhania. I am not going to be intimidated by your high pitched ranting."

"You stop yelling at me first. Wait! My voice is not high pitched!"

"It sounds god damn girly to me right now! And what's with you squealing in my ear"

"If my voice is girly then your voice is -"

"Guys shut up! Your shouting fest is giving me a headache and it is really not good for my health. So stop." Rose interjects between the yelling duo.

"Ridhima, let's go ho-"
"No"
"Ridhima, come home-"
"No."
"Come with m-"
"No"
"STOP INTERRUPTING ME! And come home with me while I am asking nicely, otherwise-"

"I told you not to raise your voice in front of me. Do you not understand the concept of N.O., No. It means I refuse. Deny. And Otherwise, what?"

"Otherwise I will throw you over my shoulder and take you with me by force." 
Ridhima narrows her eyes at him trying to read between his words and decipher if he is being serious

"You won't" she says slowly.
Karan takes it as a challenge and doesn't hesitate before taking her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.
She flaps her arms awkwardly trying to hit him on his back but ending up landing one on his butt. He didn't hesitate to return the favour , effectively stopping her from making anymore moves to escape his clutches.