Forced Travelling

Mahira Khan as Ridhima ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"You are coming with me. Why would you think I will leave you behind?"

If I was a teenager, I would stomp my foot and then go on a mad rampage.

But I have to pretend to be sane, while I live with this insane man!

"I don't want to go with you!" I whine.
"You don't get to have a choice" he says ignoring me. I can see a devilish curve, on the side of his lips, which can be accused of being a smirk but since his whole face is not in my line of sight, I can't be too sure.

"What about the flight bookings? You only got it done for one person." I try reasoning.

"The booking was for you." He says, going back into the walk-in wardrobe of his to retrieve more clothes.

"Then how will you go? Don't tell me you are planning on sitting on my lap, you are too old for that" I yell it out to him.

He emerges out of the wardrobe with another set of dress pants and some shirts.
So far he has not kept anything but suit pants and button up shirts.
"I own the airlines we are going from, why would I have to book a seat for myself?"

Say what?
"You own an entire airline? Like the Kingfisher thing?" I ask him dumb founded, I thought he had a business of some clothing brand or something. I voice that out too.

"I don't own Kingfisher Airlines, I own the Indijet Airways. I have expanded it all in different fields initially it was only the clothing, but now it is a variety."
He says thoughtfully. But still going about his business. I also saw him keep under wears while he explained all this to me.

"But I still can't go."

"As I said, you don't have a choice, start your packing, I hate repeating my self" it is probably the first time in three weeks, Karan has held such a long conversation with me.

"What about the Visa? What about my passport. I don't have one. And what if I have a medical condition which doesn't allow me to go on aeroplanes?" I flail my arms around to somehow make him understand that I can't go.

"I am an American Citizen, as I have been born and brought up there. Being my wife you automatically get the green card. Your passport has been made. And about the medical condition....didn't think about it." He says so casually, as if not telling me that, he was actually an American Citizen and is probably stalking my past life and forgetting to think about my welfare, is very natural.

"You are American!"
"Yes"
"You got a passport made? For me!"

"Yes"
"I am an American citizen too, because I married you?"

"Yes"

"You want to take me to America with you?"

"Yes"

"You won't let me stay here?"

"Ye-no!"

"But you hate me? Why do you even want to take me along!?"

"Because."