Willing Welcome

Something was bothering Karan.
I realised it when the wedding ceremony was in full swing and the pandit ji was reciting the mantras , I was sitting next to him at the mandap.

But he was still so far away.

He neither glanced at me, nor did he smile through the entire ceremony. Even during the Bidai, when I was crying, hugging my parents and sister goodbye, his hand didn't come to rest on my shoulder to provide me some kind of comfort. He just stood there looking bored and paid no mind to anything. It was like he didn't even want to be there.

He was cold.

And it made me worry if he was sick or something.

Even during the car ride to their house, the car was surrounded in silence. Only the inanimate sounds of the vehicles passing us on the road filled the uncomfortable silence.

I wanted to say something but I was really sad to leave behind the happy memories, friends, and family.
I can't really talk right now. My tears have stopped a while ago, but the sniffles still kept coming at short intervals.

The car stopped right in front of the main entrance of the Singhania mansion.
Karan exit the car before me and I followed from the same side.

Megha came to my side and helped me hold my dress up.
It was a lovely dress with embroidery all over the skirt piece and the blouse. The Dupatta (long scarf) had heavier embroidery along the sides and a lighter one in the middle. And the Maroon red colour as the base colour for the whole dress made it look all the more beautiful.
I just wish Karan hoped so.

In my opinion, Karan looked absolutely hot in the Shervani

In my opinion, Karan looked absolutely hot in the Shervani. And I also saw his real sister during the wedding, although I didn't get a chance to meet her.
She is just like her brother utterly gorgeous and looked breathtaking in her White lehenga. She has Dark brown hair, identical to her brother's , infact Megha also had dark brown hair. I looked at Karan to see him looking at his other side where his real sister, whose name I am yet to know, was standing telling him something. Her eyes twinkled as she spoke to him, and she had dimples too.
She got them when she smiled and they were so cute.

I was suddenly brought out of my blatant admiring of the siblings by Megha, who not so gently shoved me forward and I realised Karan was a few steps ahead of me, so I also started walking towards the entrance. We stopped at the threshold where everyone was gathered.

Karan's step mother with her usual stone face was standing in front with the 'aarti ki thali' ( from Indian culture: plate filled with necessary things required for a tradition called Aarti). Her sari was similar to the one she was wearing the day we met. And like the other day I didn't like this saree either. It was a puke green colour with a lot of bead work on it. Though it was not an ugly saree, but still the way she carried herself in it made it look horrible.