Willing Reunion

Mahira Khan as Ridhima

Karan Singh Grover as Karan Singhania

Ileana D'cruz as Ishika Singhania

Varun Dhawan as Varun (Karan's best friend)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I try to stand up, but my legs give away. I want to believe that Varun is telling the truth , my mind refuses to believe it though.

Everything is a jumbled mess. I am a mess. I just want to get out of this place, and so I give Varun the benefit of doubt, that I believe him.

Hands come to support me. Three chances to guess who it could be.

"Let's go."

Varun pauses for a moment and I look and him to inquire why he did that,
"It might be a bit uncomfortable to watch the scene outside , if it gets too much close your eyes. I am guiding​ you anyway."

I give him a nod.

The room I was given to isolate myself opened into a narrow hallway, which led to a bigger more spacious room, which had the TV in it. As Varun and I walked out into the hallway, noise could be heard, of people fighting.

I limped all the way, Varun supporting my weight.

As we entered the room which finally opened up to a porch , a man flew right past me and hit the ground.
One of Gautam Singhania's goons.
I could differentiate because Varun's men were dressed just like him, in black suit and white shirt, even amidst the fighting their clothes were crisp and immaculately clean.

Not even a speck of  dirt or blood grazed their clothes , as they deflected the blows of the goons.

The goons we're another story, they were bruised , beaten black and blue. They stood no chance against Varun's team, a set of trained professionals.

As we walked through the room towards the exit, we were surrounded by his team in a practiced manner, as if they have done this a thousand times and the goons couldn't reach me through their unbreakable wall.

Somehow , after a very long time I felt sheltered. I felt comfortable, and protected and safe.

Ever since getting married to Karan this was the first time I felt safe, as if finally I can leave my worries to someone else. As if I could just let Varun deal with it. I didn't have to struggle for my safety while he was here.

And I am grateful for that. So I whisper to him a barely audible "thank you"

"Not yet, not until I have brought you to Karan. Thank me then"

He smiles down at me.

That is when I realised why it is important to have friends, to have a family not bound by blood ties. For those who help you without the compulsion of blood binding them, are the most sincere family members.

"You can rest. Sleep for a while if you want. I will wake you when we reach home."

Is it really that easy? Am I free?

I lean back and rest my head on the head rest.

I jerk awake , and see trees rushing past on both  sides of the road. The walky-talkie keeps blaring with an unrecognizable voice.