Epilogue

It had been several months since the incident. Richard had entered Juliana's bedroom unannounced, making her laugh.

"Excuse me, sir. Whatever happened to a lady's privacy?" Juliana teased.

"That privilege ended long ago," he told her, sitting on the edge of her bed and pulling her into his embrace.

She wore only her chemise and laughed again when he rubbed his hand over the tell tale bump of her stomach.

"I am starting to get a little jealous. This baby is not even here yet and gets more attention than me now a days," Juliana playfully pouted.

Richard gave her stomach a kiss and then stood up. He leaned in, to kiss her and she pushed him away, causing him to fall back on the bed.

"What? I play second fiddle to kisses now too!"

Richard laughed, "I am sorry. I am just so excited. I cannot wait for this child to arrive."

He held his arms out to her and Juliana came back to his embrace, situating herself in his lap. "I am also. I would love a little boy like you," she said, giving him the kiss that he was longing for.

Richard sighed with contentment. "Having a premonition are we? I personally would love a little girl with your hair and eyes."

"I noticed you did not say temperament," Juliana said poking his chest.

"I think this child is in trouble no matter whose temperament, is inherited."

This made Juliana giggle even more. "I can see it now. Cursed with a little girl, with my hair and eyes but your temper."

"I would be liable to lock her away until she is well beyond marriageable age," Richard said teasingly.

"You will do no such thing, " Juliana admonished.

"Of course not," Richard admitted, knowing he would love this child too much, "if anything, he or she will be terribly spoiled. I will however, enjoy making more."

"Shameless," she told him running her hand over his shirt; it moved in such a way, she had caught glimpse of the shiny pink scar. She frowned. "Does it still cause you pain?" she asked.

"No, Love. Nothing about that day can ever cause us pain again," Richard told her.

She smiled and then kissed him. He enjoyed her lips and everything attached to them. He would love to explore things further but instead ended his teasing all too fleetingly.

"Sorry, Love. As much as I would like to continue this tryst, I cannot. You have guests."

"Guests?" Juliana could not even imagine.

"Yes. Annabelle, Cyril and the boys await you downstairs."

Juliana squealed with glee and jumped from Richard's lap, pulling the bell for the servants. Lily quickly entered.

"Mistress?"

"Lily, sweet Lily. I must dress in a hurry."

Lily laughed at her demeanor. "Then let us get to it," she said taking out the garments she had already pressed and waiting for her.

Richard left them and made short work of his own attire. He met up with the Kane family who were enjoying a light brunch in the garden.

"Good day, all," he said upon entering the veranda.

"Uncle Richard!" the boys said tackling their uncle.

Cyril came over to shake his hand. "How is your better half?"