Nervous (Reid x Reader)

"(Y/N)! Oh thank God you're still here! Listen, I might have screwed up a tiny, little, microscopic bit..." Garcia said rapidly as she rushed over to you.

"Screwed up what...?" You asked. Penelope took a deep breath and looked over her shoulder. Reid was standing by the coffee machine, glancing over at you and Garcia every few seconds as he stirred his coffee excessively. He always did that when he was nervous; it was one of his tells.

"Um, well, remember last weekend when you came over to my place for dinner and we started talking about... things?" Penelope raised her eyebrows, waiting for you to catch on to her vague hints. You thought for a second, then realized what she was talking about.

"Yeah?" You confirmed, still not sure where she was going with this.

"I might have accidentally told Reid what you told me." Penelope blurted out. She winced as she anticipated your reaction. Your eyes widened in shock.

"Penelope!" You cried. So that's why he was acting so weird around you lately. This couldn't be more embarrassing.

"I'm so, so sorry, (Y/N)! We were just talking, and it flew out of my mouth! I couldn't stop myself!" Penelope apologized. You took a deep breath and ran a hand through your hair. Garcia looked over at Spencer, who was now making his way over to the two of you. Penelope gasped and gave you a wink as she hurried off. You felt your heart start to race as you swallowed nervously. Hopefully you weren't blushing hard enough for him to notice.

"Hey, (Y/N). It's late. How come you're still here?" Spencer attempted to make small talk. You knew he was just trying to make an excuse to talk to you. You were almost always still at the office this late.

"I still have lots of paperwork left over from the case." You glanced at the stacks of files on your desk.

"You too, huh?" Reid laughed nervously and looked over at his own mountain of paperwork. You nodded and gave Reid a nervous smile. "So, (Y/N), there was this thing I was going to go to this weekend... and I mean, you absolutely don't have to if you don't want to, I was just wondering if maybe... you might want to go to a movie with me? It's at a local film festival. And again, I totally understand if you don't want to or if you have other plans..." Spencer spouted as he rubbed the back of his head. You couldn't help the grin that was spreading on your lips as he stammered.

You nodded. "Yeah, sounds like fun!" You agreed enthusiastically. Spencer's face lit up with the biggest smile you'd ever seen him with.

"Really? I- I mean, that's great!" He couldn't believe you had actually said yes. "Um, I'll call you tonight?" He asked. You nodded in agreement, unable to find the words you wanted to say to him. And with that, Spencer walked off, giving you a small wave as he walked towards the door. He was still grinning like an idiot as he left.