The Beginning

A/N Thanks for clicking onto my story. I hope you enjoy! Please leave comments to let me know your thoughts and likes to let me know your enjoying the story!
Also, letting you know, in my story, Bella is 18. I just didn't feel comfortable with the idea of her being any younger.
Thanks!
---
Bella Swan is done with being played and let down by her mother, her father, and Edward, she knows what she wants and she is ready to grab it with both hands.
Edward is much to controlling and childish, her father is a wreck, and her mother is missing in action.
Aro Volturi is powerful, handsome, and mysterious. He has built an empire for himself yet something is missing in his immortal life, and his coven.
Something.....or someone?

-----

Chapter One-
The rain pattered against the windowpane and the trees swayed in the storm. I sat upright in bed, sheets and blankets a twisted mess. I couldn't sleep, similar to these past few weeks. I would stay up, staring at the purple ceiling of my bedroom just waiting. I wasn't sure what or who I was waiting for, but I was positive something was coming.
At this point, I was frustrated. I needed sleep! Every morning, I would get out of bed, tired and restless, bags under my eyes that couldn't be completely concealed by makeup. People were starting talk, and Alice especially was getting increasingly concerned. But since I had no idea what was causing this, therefore I couldn't stop it.
School was torturous. Every minute on the clock felt stretched out, but everything was a blur. I couldn't remember a single thing I learned these past weeks. I was determined to get back on track, though I wasn't sure how.
Sheets clenched tightly in my hand, I closed my eyes and tried so relax. I needed rest, that much I knew. I contorted into various positions, trying to get comfortable but sleep evaded me, dancing just out of sight. I resigned to another restless night, and sleepy day.

Beep. Beep. Beep. My eyes were already open and I reached for my phone and closed the alarm, no longer needed to wake me up. I trudged to the bathroom, already knowing the reflection was a wreck. In twenty minutes I managed to tame my hair into a ponytail, partially hide the purple bags that rested under my eyes and dress myself.
Black skinny jeans that were torn at the knee, an off the shoulder, loose, royal blue shirt. It was a nice, simple outfit, and I liked it. I walked down the stairs, grabbing money and an apple off the counter.

"Where ya off to, Bells?" Charlie slurred. I sighed, aggravated, hadn't heard him come the down stairs.
"School." I answered in a monotone, obviously uninterested in the pointless conversation. Like he was either. Ever since he lost his job for drinking on call, he was a wreck. He didn't even attempt to find work again, instead he drank days and nights, and blew money away like it was just green construction paper.

I was sick of it. Forget paying the bills, he needed another smoke and beer.
Yeah, like I needed a freaking hole in my head!

Our relationship had crumbled. We usually just stayed out of each other's way and avoided speaking at all costs. I ignored the smell of alcohol, tobacco, and cheap perfume and he ignored the nights I spent out of the house. Not an ideal situation at all. Embarrassingly enough, I'm jealous of the girls with 'overprotective' dads. At least their parents cared. Mine didn't. I could be gone for three weeks and nothing would change. Not one phone call.
It made my stomach turn and I couldn't look at his bloodshot eyes any longer.

I walked out the door, sick of the stench of vodka on his breath and the glazed look in his eyes. I hopped into the rusty jeep and started the engine three times before finally pulling out of the driveway and heading to school. I sat in silence, just listening to the sound of my own breathing.

Senior year, huh. I was almost done with school forever, I was convinced college was a moot point until very recently, when I realized Edward was very stubborn on the matter of my changing. Before, I saw no reason to apply to colleges if I didn't plan on going, after all, I was to be a vampire. But Edward, no matter how much I pressed, doesn't budge on the matter of changing me. He says there is no reason to, he is happy with me being human even though I am not. Lately, he hasn't taken into account my opinion for much. Yes, I love him, but I'm starting to realize there is much wrong in our relationship. I'm no longer 16 and ready to blindly fall into his arms. I'm starting to want to stand in my own two feet.

I know he will not like that.
The problem is, I think, as I pull into a parking spot it front of the school, I'm not sure I care enough about his though.
That alone, makes me freeze. I don't care enough. I love him and I don't care.

I'm beginning to think those two ideas don't go together. Only one has a place in my life, and I'm not sure which.

----
Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!