Chapter Twenty

It was a full day before we left the bedroom, and that was only to feed. Again and again we reaffirmed our bond.

"ARO!!" Banging and screaming sounded at the door.
He growled and dressed himself and then helped me before answering the door.

"What do you want?" He asked roughly. It was Caius, Marcus, Jane, Alec, and Demetri.

"Aro, Carlisle is planning his attack. We need to formulate a plan." Caius told Aro.

"Also," I piped up, "I'm going to train with Jane and the rest of the guard." Aro turned to me.

"No." He said and went back to talking with Caius. I narrowed eyes.

"I wasn't asking you. I was telling you." I say firmly.

"Really? You tell me? I think you have our roles mixed up." He says snarkily.

"Umm...no I think you forgot that your in charge of you and I'm in charge of me. So, you can back off. I'm going to train, and finding another room to sleep in tonight." I say sweetly, but I'm feeling anything but sweet.

"Isabella, stop. You are being childish." Aro beseeches me, like I'm a child.

"Your right. I'm much to a child to be with you. Don't worry, I'm sure I get another guy. And I'm sure he won't be as much of an asshole as you are." Jane snorts as I walk out.
"And Caius, keep me updated on Carlisle. I will come find you after I train." Caius looks terrified, probably because Aro has his hand around his throat. I ignore this and leave with Jane.

"Bella, don't you think there was another way to handle it?" Jane asks me. I sigh.

"I guess, but it pisses me off when he acts like I'm a kid. Because you can't pick and choose. I'm a child when it comes to making decisions, but we can fûck? Yeah, no. I'm a child when I don't listen to you, but we can be in a relationship? No. He doesn't get to act high and mighty with me. Either we are equals, or I am out. I don't need another Edward." I tell Jane. I can tell she agrees, but she keeps silent as we go to the training room.

It has a variety of weapons, and mats everywhere to practice fighting.

Five minutes in and I'm only staying afloat due to my newborn strength. Jane and Felix are smarter than I am in battle tactics.

We spend hours trying different situations, different holds, different punches.

Eventually, I am manage to beat Felix once. We call it a day and we have Santigo bring us some bloodbags.

We sit around, sipping our blood and talking when Caius comes in the training room, asking for me. I comply but once we are out of earshot, and down the hall, I stop.

"Did Aro ask you to get me?" I ask him. He shakes his head, a smile playing on his lips.

"No. But he is quite frustrated with himself. He wants to protect you, little one. Though you are strong, you are still his mate, and he is quite protective of you. I am not saying he was right to boss you around, but perhaps cut him some slack."

I think over his words and sigh, Caius is right. I thank him and set off to Aro's study to talk.

I find him bent over his desk, his head in his hands.

"Aro." I say, and his head snaps up.

"Isabella, amore, I am sorry. I should not have been so rude earlier. I worry about you, my little tiger." He says and I smile and kiss him deeply.

"I know, I am sorry for calling you an asshole. I don't like it when we fight." I confess. Aro grins.

"Nor I." He responds and pulls me onto his lap. We sit in a comfortable silence for some time, simply enjoying each others company. I take in his scent, his suit, and long silky hair. Aro is truly beautiful.

After a while, Aro begins to tell me about Carlisle.

"We don't know exactly when, but within five days, Carlisle should be here. He will most likely offer you one more chance. If you refuse-"

"When I refuse!" I interrupt. No way I'm going to Carlisle.

"When you refuse," he corrects with a smirk, "he will have his allies waiting to come and overthrow us."

"So what are we going to do?" I ask nervously.

"Wait. I have gathered a few of my own friends. We will destroy Carlisle and everyone who stands with him." Aro says, a note of finality and a promise of death in his tone.

I shivered, not liking all the bloodshed. All the innocent deaths.

"What will I do?" I ask.
Aro grins.

"I could tell you to run away to a safe and secure location, but somehow, I doubt you will listen. And any ways," he says, kissing my nose as I giggle, "I like having you with me."

I snuggle up into his shoulder.

"Good. Cause I like being with you." I tell him.