Chaper Nine

A/N Bella meets the Volturi! Finally!

Chapter Nine-

Carlisle stood up to answer the door while the rest of us waited in complete and utter silence.

I was sitting in between Jasper and Rose, and Rose kept glancing over at me and I felt Jasper try and push me some calm.

It didn't work, obviously, but it was a nice gesture.

Footsteps began to come closer and I willed my heartbeat to stop racing, no need to let everyone know how nervous I am. I kept twisting my fingers.

When they stepped into view, I was in shock. They both looked so regal and untouchable, like beautiful statues carved from marble. I tried to picture myself with them, in their black robes and red eyes, and then realized what I was doing and almost slapped myself.

My god, Bella. You don't know them! You'd give up your family, the Cullen's, for them?

For Aro, a little voice whispered to me. What about him?

And suddenly I felt very unsure about my place with the Cullen's. This did not feel good at all, and the butterflies that apparently wanted to consume me didn't make it easier to mask my unease.

"Hello Cullen's." Jane said softly. "We are pleased to meet you again. With some....additions." She gestured slightly to me and I blushed.

"Perhaps you can tell us about this special human that managed to provoke Edwards wrath?" Demetri asked, smirking a little, but not in a unfriendly way.

  "Bella, if you will?" Carlisle gestured for me to introduce myself. I could feel my cheeks flush pink.

"Hi, I'm Bella." I was unsure of what to say, and I felt extremely awkward.

"Well, Bella, how did you provoke Edward?" Jane asked in a clear, chiming voice that held power and femininity in it. She arched a blonde brow curiously.

"We were dating," I wrinkled my nose in distaste, and Jane gave a half smile, "But then, after two years, he got extremely controlling and quite rude, and I tried breaking up with him and he flipped out. He attacked me...and bit me." I unconsciously stroked my bite mark, remembering how it felt to have his teeth break my skin like butter.

Not pleasant at all, as I'm sure one might imagine.

Demetri gasped in shock and disgust.

"He bit her?!" He exclaimed, growling at the end. I nodded, and looked down, letting my hair fall in my face. I didn't like how everyone was staring at me so intently so I diverted my gaze as I saw Carlise's lips move in a talking motion and Demetri 'answered' I suppose, though I couldn't hear a thing.

"And she is living." Jane added appraisingly and I smiled slightly at her. Perhaps they weren't so intimidating.

They discussed the plan to capture Edward and we decided to use my scent to lure Edward to me and then they would capture and...kill him.

I still wasn't sure how I felt about killing Edward.

Yes, he was a complete psychopath but surely no one deserved to be ripped apart and burned?