Chapter 16

When I wake up, Aro is no longer next to me, but a note is.

Mia Cara,
I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you wake up and open your beautiful eyes.

I blush darkly, smiling at his sweet words.

I'm in the throne room, please come as soon as you can.

Love,
Aro Volturi

I clutched the note to my chest briefly before frowning.

He said to meet him in the throne room, a serious setting. I remember it, and how intimidated I felt inside,

I know it's ridiculous but what the hell do I wear? Formal, semi-formal, casual?

I decide on a cute red flowy dress and pretty silver necklace. I choose cute black wedges and left the room, knowing if I looked in the mirror for too long, I'd never leave the room.

I attempt to find my way to the throne room, which was easy because I kind of remembered the way.

As I entered the room, I felt all eyes turn to me, Aro's included. I timidly walked to his throne and he pulled me onto his lap and rubbed my arms. As I looked around the room, my eyes fell the the person standing before the three kings.

Carlisle.

I gasped in surprise.

"Carlisle? What are you doing here?" I asked, noticing none of his family members were here.

"Bella, I am here to take you home. You've been here long enough to realize they are monsters." I flushed angrily.

"Carlisle, how dare you! They are no where near monsters at all, they are wonderful." I locked eyes with Jane and she smiled, pleased.

"You sit on his lap like a submissive dog?" Carlisle sneered cruelly and I glared at him fiercely.

"You want to see submissive?" I asked shrilly and an unknown power bubbled up inside of me and I saw my shield manifest, blue and glowing as it crept towards Carlisle, who backed away, fear written on his face.

"Mia Cara," Aro breathed, "you are so magnificent." I smiled and let the shield bubble down again. A weird experience, yet it was a part of me that was powerful and strong, and I loved it.

"Bella! I will come back, I don't know what they've done to you, but I will come back." Carlisle promises, growling as he leaves. Aro snarls at him viciously and Carlisle runs.

As he leaves, I break down in tears. My father figure treating me and my new loved ones so harshly hurt me.

I sobbed in Aro's arms and he led me out of the room and into his.

-

He stroked my hair as I calmed down, my throat raw from crying. He handed me a glass of cool water which I accepted gratefully. I drank it, feeling much better.

"Are you alright?" Aro asked carefully and I shook my head.

"Not really." I said softly. He pressed me into his chest and I subtly inhaled his heavenly scent. He noticed, of course, and when I pulled away he smirked at me.

I blushed and looked down, unsure now. I didn't really know him so well and I wasn't sure what to say. Luckily, Aro saved me.

"So, Bella, tell me about yourself." I played with my fingers and bit my lip.

Aro rumbled out a growl and told me to stop biting my lip before he did it for me.

I stopped immediately and repressed a giggle.

"Umm...there's not really much to tell." I said honestly and Aro shook his head and tilted my chin up to meet his glowing eyes.

"Of course there is, you are a fascinating person after all." He answered me smoothly and I ducked my head shyly.

"I mean, I was born in Arizona and lived there till I was sixteen. My parents split up when I was much younger, and when I was sixteen, I was sent to live with my dad, in Forks."

Aro nods.

"Favorite colors? Favorite vacation destination? Favorite book?" He presses. I laugh.

"I like the color royal blue, I've always wanted to go to the Eiffel Tower in France and I adore Romeo and Juliet." I tell him.

"And you?" I ask in return.

"I like red. And I've been almost everywhere, but I'm rather fond of Italy, hence why I live here. And book wise, I like reading the newest journals, preferably medical or scientific." He says matter of factly.

He sounds so smart and sophisticated and heck, he is. I can't imagine what he would see in me.

He senses what I am thinking and gives a chaste kiss.

"Beautiful Bella," he says, "Go on a date with. Let's go out."

"Okay." I agree softly. "Where?"

"Anywhere." Aro answers me, and I tap my chin, thinking. The weather has been so nice lately that perhaps we could go to,

"The beach! Let's go to the beach!" I say excitedly and Aro smiles and nods. "When can we go?" I ask eagerly.

"Let's go tonight." He says and I agree before shooing him out so I can groom myself for the beach.

His jaw was going to drop when he saw me, that's for sure!