Chapter 3

A/N Thanks for all the support so far! Third chapter here we go! Things are heating up!

Chapter 3-

The rest of the day flies by.

We switched up partners in biology, a refreshing change. Finally I worked with someone who genuinely didn't know the material and wanted to learn, not just quickly fill out a worksheet and get an A. Like Edward.
The last bell finally rang and Alice found me at my locker, sorting through notebooks.

"Bella, you ready?" She asked, bouncing on her toes. I smiled at her happy demeanor and shut my locker door, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.
"Lead the way!" I gesture and she happily pulls me along to her yellow Porsche and I breath a sigh of relief when I don't have to ride with Edward. Imagining the awkwardness alone makes she shiver in disgust.

Surely that isn't right! When people are in love they want to be with each other and aren't tense and uncomfortable with them! This can't be a passing feeling. I truly feel Edward and I are falling apart and it terrifies me.

The Cullen's are my only connection to the supernatural world. I am apart of that world now and if they leave I will never be able to marry and have children and move on. I will always long to be among them.

Not only that, they are my family. I love every one of them dearly and I cannot lose any of them.

As I step in the car and Alice revs the engine, I clear my throat, and try to start this conversation.

"Alice," I begin, and she turns her head to me, "I don't think Edward and I are working out." Alice pulls out of her parking space and begins the drive to her house. She doesn't seem surprised.
"I know. I can tell." She says in a sad voice.

"Have you seen anything about mine and Edwards future?" I press. "Anything at all?" She gives me a brief glance but her eyes are not looking at me. They are far, far away.

"Bella, it's all on your decision and right now, you haven't made one. You keep flickering between many different possibilities. How you break up with him, where, why. And if you don't, whether he will leave you, or you kill yourself from grief, or you are happy, but always feel like your missing something....Bella, there are endless possible roads this could take."

I groan in frustration.
"Alice. As my best friend, what do you think I should do?" I ask her, needing her opinion. She is my best friend and sister and I value what she has to say. I need advice, there is too much pressure on my shoulders and I need Alice. Sweet, caring Alice who always has a shoulder to lean on.

"Well, I believe honesty is the best policy. If you keep this up, you may possibly end up dead, alone, depressed. If this isn't something you and Edward can work out, well then so be it. Life has places to take you and if it's not with Edward, it's not."

I feel her words ringing true in my heart.

"If I've learned anything over my years, it's that you should never force anything. Because one day you'll look back and realize you had a life you didn't want."

I know everything she said is true and my chest physically aches with the thought of what will happen next.

"Alice, I can't. I won't lose my family." My voice breaks at the word family and tears fill my eyes.

She pulls into the Cullen's driveway and stops the car. Placing her cool hand on mine, she looks at me intently.

"Bella. Family means staying together through tough times. We all love you, Edward or not. It's high time you learned that." I let out a choked sob and Alice hugs me, her slender arms around my waist and I cry into her shoulder.

After a minute she pulls away and wipes my face.

"C'mon, let go inside. Don't fret to much Bella. You don't need to do anything now. Relax and have fun." Alice tells me in light tone.

I nod and wipe the remaining tears away and exit the car, Alice and I walk at a regular pace to the door which, as usual is unlocked. I hear Emmet and Jasper bickering and we follow the noise to the living room with a big television.

The boys were obviously playing a video game of some sorts.
Rosalie was sitting on the couch behind them and patted the seat next to her and smiled. I walked over and sat with her and Alice while Emmet cursed like a sailer and Jasper growled.

"Fûck you Jasper! You fücking cheated! Asśhóle!" Emmet shouted and punched Jasper. Jasper's face turned angry in a matter of seconds.
"No I didn't you fúcking liar!" Jasper said and grabbed Emmets throat while Emmet punched wildly. Alice giggled and Rosalie smiled in an airy way, not really caring either way. I just laughed outright, Emmets outraged face being simply hilarious.

Emmet and Jasper are each other's biggest competitor because Emmet always wants to prove himself since he doesn't have a gift and Jasper always wants to prove himself because he is the 'weakest link'.

Ridiculous yet amusing. Always at each other's throats! And it would be worrying if they weren't such good friends.
The atmosphere they create is playful not violent and I truly enjoy these moments with my family.
But of course, all good things come to an end.
"Bella? What are you doing here? You shouldn't be here, they are much to violent and rude!" A self righteous voice floated through the room. Hell-o Edward! He stood by the opening in the doorway, arms crossed over his chest, glaring at me. Strike one. Don't glare at me and act like I'm doing something wrong.
"Edward," I said, forcing a smile, "come join us, me and you can play a round of the game." Come on Edward, prove yourself. Sit down and play the stupid game and we can fix this. Because it isn't about the game, it's about him loosening up and having fun with me.

"With these barbarians? No! They are rude and you should not have to listen to their foul language." I could see Rosalie's enraged face and Alice's creepy calm. Emmet and Jasper looked furious, ready to give Edward a beating.
Strike two. Don't insult my loved ones.

"Edward these are your brothers! I'm sorry you don't agree with their language but I don't have a problem with it. You have no right to-" Edward takes three strides and is in front of me, holding my wrist in a vice like grip.

"I have every right!" He shouts, "I am your mate and it is best for you to obey me!" Strike three, Edward. Don't touch me threateningly, don't boss me around and do not act like I must be submissive to your sorry àss! You're out!

"I. Am. Not. Your. Mate." I enunciate every word and lower my tone. I am pissed and just getting started.

"You do not have any control over me. It would be best for you to let go of my wrist and leave this room before I get more fûcking pissed than I already am." Edward opens his mouth to answer back but I glare at him and he leaves, vampire speed.

"Bella?" Emmet starts hesitantly and I immediately soften my face and relax my stance, "I thought you and Edward were mates." The family must be getting whiplash. It really was three days ago when I was in love and happy. If Edward proposed right there and then, I'd have a ring on my finger right now.

I sit down and give a sad, longing smile. "I thought so too. He's been getting on my nerves recently and he really and truly bothers me. Is that normal for mated couples?" I raise an eyebrow and know the answer to the question. Obviously not.

"No. Emmet and I fight but not like that. Not so serious. Or hurtful." Rosalie answers and they all nod in agreement.

"Are you going to break up with him?" Jasper asks, his face etches with concern. I shrug my shoulders tiredly.

"I don't know. I just don't know anymore. But I do know one thing. Edward needs to change and fast. I am tiring really quickly of his attitude." I answer honestly. I feel so done. Just over it, over him.

I get sympathetic glances and I smile and the tension breaks. Emmet goes back to cursing at Jasper and Rosalie yells at Emmet and I just watch and feel very alone for the second time that day.