Chapter Six

A/N Sorry for the little wait! Here you go!

Chapter Six-

Edwards back was to me, and I felt very uncomfortable, standing in his room, alone except for him. I unconsciously fidgeted as he slowly turned to face me and my heart was pounding like a jackhammer. His eyes were all black, and I shivered as a cold feeling settled in my gut. Fear.
I wanted to run out of the room more than anything. By the idea of turning my back to him seemed like a bad one, he was like an animal now, and I was terrified. He could loose control at any moment.

I knew what the black eyes meant.

Vaguely, I registered the door had locked.
I was trapped inside.

"Bella," he crooned, "my darling, why have you been so distant from me?" I looked at him in disbelief. His face was soft and caring, but I was not fooled.

"Edward," I said, "I broke it off with you. We aren't together." I tried to say it a gentle but firm way. I was not going back to him.

His black eyes narrowed dangerously.

"Bella. You are mine. You will not leave me. Ever. Do you understand?" Gone was the soft tone and kinder words. The monster has risen to the surface. I took in a deep breath and willed myself to be strong.

"No, Edward. I belong to no one. I can go where I wish and say what I wish and you do not control me." His poker face contorted into a furious demon. He snarled and moved closer to me and I backed up. Jasper. Jasper, please.

One minute he was a few feet away from me, and the next I was up against the wall by my throat. He looks into my eyes and I felt pressure on my mind, in a weird way. It felt like an intruder and I tried to push it back and I was beginning to panic.

"Bella, love, come back to me. We are together, and I love you." And for a brief moment, a terrible moment, I wanted that and believed it. I felt like I was being drugged and I hated it yet I couldn't help but love it.

But I came to my bearings and glared at him.
"No!" I croaked, my throat bruising from his hands. "No!" And Edward smiled cruelly, devoid of all rationality.

"Well if I can't have you, no one can." As his teeth sunk into my neck, I screamed. It was the most painful thing I ever experienced, yet, it was also almost unreal.
Surely Edward would never do this.

But in the real world, he was biting me and I was dying. I would die because of Edward. Fùck this. The doorknob jiggled and I could hear Jasper struggling to open before he cursed and the door splintered and shattered.

I saw Jasper, disheveled and eyes bright.
"Bells, I'm sorry, I couldn't get to you sooner!" He cried and he saw the image before him. I was pressed against wall, and Edward was feasting on my neck.

Not in the good way.

"Jasper! Help!" But Edward continued to drink from me, even as Jasper went behind him and punched him. Even as Esme cried and Carlisle pleaded. As Alice shrieked and Emmet tried to wrestle him away. Rosalie bit him, but by then, I couldn't differentiate between my own hallucinations and reality.

"Edward....." I whispered, "stop." And everything faded away into nothing.

-

-

-

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My eyes wouldn't open and I couldn't move. I attempted to wiggle my fingers and toes without success. I heard commotion around me, chatter and movement. I could pick out Jaspers heartbroken voice and I longed to comfort him. Esme's dry sobs tortured me. Carlisle kept speaking to me and touching me, though I couldn't feel where exactly. I knew my body was in pain, but I couldn't really feel it.

"Bella," Carlisle's clear voice began, "I have injected morphine and sleep medication into you. You will begin to feel sleepy and the morphine should be dulling your pain."

"Can she even hear you?" Emmett's booming voice echoed in the room. Yes, I said! Yes, I can hear you all! But my voice was not heard.

"I believe she can." Carlisle said, "I hope so." I began to feel heavy, and tired. I struggled to stay conscious but I couldn't fight the medication for long and drowsiness took over my mind and I was taken back to the realm of dreams.

-

-

-

I shot up in the bed I was lying in. I was in Carlisle's private hospital room. My voice wasn't working quite right so I tapped on the table, knowing if Carlisle was near, he would hear me. My body felt like mine again.

My neck felt weird and cold and my throat was definitely sore but other than that, I felt pretty good.

But I needed a shower. And a glass of water. Desperately.

"Bella! You're awake!" Carlisle exclaimed when he flashed into the room. I nodded, smiling. He handed me a glass of water, which I accepted gratefully. I drank it all in one gulp, despite Carlisle's protests.

"How do you feel?" Carlisle asked, concern evident in his voice. I shrugged.

"Okay, I guess. My neck feels kinda weird, my throat hurts and I want to shower. But other than that, I'm good."
I replied honestly. Carlisle smiled at me warmly.

"Okay. You lost a lot of blood there. You had us all scared for a minute! So I'm going to take you to our house to shower and eat. Then we are all holding a family meeting of sorts. We have a few important things to speak about. I called Charlie already, so don't worry, he said he didn't care at all...." Carlisle's brow furrowed at the end, but I didn't offer any information.

Charlie didn't matter in my life.

"Sounds good!" I said, trying to change the topic. He handed me jeans and a tee shirt which I changed into behind a curtain. The tee shirt was loose on top, which was good. I had bandages covering my neck, and I knew anything tight would not work.

Carlisle led me to his car and I sat down in the passenger seat. He revved the engine and began to speak.

"So about your injuries, when Edward drank from you, he badly bruised your throat and gave you severe blood loss. We did a few transfusions and you were in a medically induced coma for a few days, so the swelling and bruising went down, and that's good."

I sensed Carlisle was avoiding something. Something big.

"Carlisle," I said, "Where is Edward?" Carlisle glanced me and sighed.

"We don't know."