The CEO's Trio ~ Two

Please vote and comment ❤

*

*

Chapter 2| The Proposal.

"Rylee Jordan, will you make yourself the happiest woman and become my wife?"

I glanced around the crowded restaurant, all eyes were on me, watching my every move, waiting in anticipation for my answer.

I was supposed to be happy, my boyfriend of five years was finally getting down on one knee and asking me to become his wife.

This would be any girls dream, but sadly it wasn't mine. Deep down, I didn't want to marry Dennis, I was beginning to doubt I ever loved him.

Yes, he was extremely good-looking and rich.

But he was aslo self-centered, degrading, arrogant, selfish and controlling and I had been planning on breaking up with him today.

But I knew I couldn't do it. All 150 of our 'friends' and family were standing there waiting for me to say yes.

I could feel Dennis eyes, like lasers, burning holes through my skin as he waited for me to answer.

I hesitated, "Dennis, truly, I'm flattered but.. um." I began scratching the back of my neck nervously, hopefully he could take the hint.

Was my hesistation enough for him to realise that I didn't want this as much as he did?

Dennis wanted a trophy wife, a baby making machiene, just like his mother had been to his father before she died giving birth to her eleventh son. They had both died actually.

The crowd began murmuring amongst themselves, I still hadn't said yes but I also haven't said no.

"Rylee?" He repeated sternly, "Will you marry me?"

Even though all 150 eyes were on me, I was still able to sense my mother's stern gaze.

She wanted me to marry Dennis, she'd been nagging me about it for years. She didn't want me to end up like her, I didn't want to end up like her.

Had it been a minute? Or had it been five? I still hadn't said the word.

Did Dennis love me? Or did he love my dad's funding for his estate agency? Did I love Dennis? Or did I love my job?

"Um... yes. Yes I will." I blurted out, and he almost instantly slipped the ring on my finger and crashed his lips on mine.

He tasted like cherry carmex, his lips were smooth against mine but there was no spark. I gently pushed him away, making him frown and I turned in the direction that my mother was standing in. She was grinning now, glad that I was getting married to someone that could provide money.

She just didn't get it, I also earned money, not as much as Dennis but still enough to provide for myself.

"I'm going to go and talk to the guests." I announced, walking away from Dennis and his friends from work.

I smiled, nodded and thanked every one who congratulated me, even though I just wanted them to stop. I wasn't a happy bride-to-be. Was it too late to take back my words and say no?

"What was that about?" Diamond demanded as I grabbed a wine from the platter of the waiter serving food.

Diamond and I have been best friends since we were three, we used to be like two peas in a pod we were so close, up until three years ago. Then she started to become frosty and very passive agressive.