The CEO's Trio ~ Five

Please vote comment follow ❤

Kids at the top ⬆⬆⬆

*

*

Chapter 5| New beginnings.

*

*

"I'm gonna miss you." Amber mumled against my chest as she hugged me tightly.

"I'm gonna miss you too," I whispered picking her up and spinning her around,"I'm gonna miss you more than Anita, but shhhh, don't tell her."

She giggled sadly, "Do you have to go?" she asked pouting.

I nodded my head sadly, releasing her from my tight grasp.

I bet these kids will be nowhere near as good as Amber.

"Look sweetheart, can you hurry up?" the driver asked from the doorway, "Mr. Reynolds needs you back in twenty minutes."

"Coming!" I called picking up both my suitcases.

"Bye!" I yelled to Amber as I got in the car. Anita was at work so Amber had to walk to school by herself. Her school wasn't far, just down the path actually, but I still worried for her.

According to the driver, we were under a tight schedule, and no amount of arguing with him could get him to change his mind.

*

*

I got out of the car the wind blowing in my face.

If I had long straight hair then it'd be like something from a movie, maybe Titanic or something.

I saw Mr. Reynolds standing at the entrance. He looked a lot more better looking that I remember.

He had shaved off the beard, and his hair looked a lot shorter, than I remember. His eyebrows had obviously been threaded but he still wore the same frown.

The pictures on Google had made him look more youthful.

And after reading for an hour about him on Wikipedia, and finding out literally everything about him, I kind of expected him to live in a mansion. Here just looked like an apartment block.

"We live in the penthouse at the top." He explained pointing to the top of the building.

"Oh.. ok." I replied awkardly.

He then outstretched his hand and I instantly assumed he wanted to shake my hand and introduce himself properly.

So I also stuck out my hand.

He grunted and rolled his eyes, "The documents." He snapped, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Oh!" I reached into my handbag, pulling out the pile of document's that he demanded I bring. I slapped them down into his hand, not bothering to straighten them out.

He made a face at my documents, as he scanned through them.

He looked like he was going to say something, but instead he just handed them to the lady next to him and left it at that.

The driver reached in the boot and brought out my suitcases and put them on the floor.

"Thanks," I muttered. I was about to pick up my bigger one the same time Mr. Reynolds did. Our hands touched for a second and he quickly pulled his hand away.

"Do you need help with that?" He questioned, not even making eye contact with me. His voice was distant and cold.

"Uh.. yes please." I answered, picking up the other one.