Another Star in the Sky

Ruby paced the airfield next to a Camaro-shaped Bumble Bee. It was dark, except for the flood lights and a thin slither of moon in the sky. Cade and Tessa were in the departure lounge with Tom. Ruby wanted to help get Bee on board, if the private plane ever showed up. Its lateness made her nervous.

They'd been over everything. Tom would go back to KSI, with Cade. They were going to do their best to alter the government contract, to get them away from transformium and associated weaponry. And while they were at it, they'd set up a program for the finding and containment of the escaped drones. It was estimated that most of them had been destroyed in Hong Kong but with Galvatron helming them, who knew? Tom assured Ruby he could handle his father, but she still felt apprehensive about it all.

Tessa was off to college. Ruby was to help Cade set up a new home. He wanted her to live with them. And the autobots. Well, it was just Bee at the moment. Hound had gone after Drift. Ruby was yet to figure out what they were doing, but she had an idea.

The plane finally turned up, rolling to a stop at their bay. Ruby drove Bee into the cargo hold and strapped him down with industrial ties and clips. With him safely in place, she ascended to the seating deck to join the others, belting herself in. She pulled her long blonde plait over one shoulder and looked out of the little window, trying to see the stars. She rubbed her ruby pendant.

Wherever Optimus was, she'd find him. The moment he was back in the atmosphere, she'd know. Nothing would keep her from her family. No one could hold her down ever again.

The next seventy two hours were critical. They'd decide the direction of her life. She was trusting Tom entirely.

"Ruby?" Tom gave her a reassuring look from the seat next to her. He took her hand and squeezed it;

"Are you ready?"    

                                                                                THE END