Chapter 10

Zayan had managed to get home that day. His mother had been very worried about his condition. How could he tell her that Fawad had fought with him just because of a simple misunderstanding. But he had nothing against him. God knew what he would do if he found a namehram with her sister like that. 

It was just the situation. Maya had been without her hijab for goodness sake. Anyone in there right mind would look at the situation the way Fawad had. But he still cringed at the thought of Maya.

She was such a happy go lucky girl. Sure sometimes her bubbly and blunt attitude annoyed him but she was sure full of life and life of the party. He had even noticed the change in her when he had taken his mother to their house a few fays ago. Was his happening from a long time? 

He wanted justice above everything being a lawyer. While he was fighting for strangers he didn't know that someone in his close family was going through the same harrasement.

He thanked Allah that he had gotten there on time. What if that bastard had taken advatage if her? Even as a human he understood her pain. He just hoped Fawad would be just as understanding and would not be too harsh on her and that Maya would be fine.

"Zayan? Beta your food is getting cold. Where are you lost?" 

He turned to see his mother looking at him worriedly and he realized that his mother had gotten him a bowl of soup a while ago and he had forgototen about it.

"Sorry ma." He said and took the bowl in his shaky hands.

His mother sat beside him in the bed and took the bowl from his hands and started scooping spoons into his mouth herself.

Suddenly the image of Maya came to his mind and he wondered if she had eaten anything since the incident. He was sure she hadn't. She was so broken.

He pushed the spoon away from his mouth when his mother bought it close to his mouth.

"No. I am full now Mama." He muttered and his mother sighed.

"Zayan beta who did you have a fight with? There's something troubling you clearly. Share it with me, I might be able to ease you beta."

"No one important ma. Don't trouble yourself. I'm fine." He said and smiled at her weakly.

"Zayan you don't lie to your own mother. I may not be your real mother but you can still share things with me."

"Mama how can you even think of that? You are my mother. My jannah lies under your feet. Please don't say that."

"I know mere jaan. Then how can a mother not be concerned when her only son comes home bleeding and refuses to tell her anything. Shouldn't I even be worried?"

"Ma there's nothing to worry about. I handled everything and there is no point discussing it now."

His mother sighed. Zayan had always been like this. He never showed his pain to anyone. He kept it to himself in fear of making others worried for him. He only opened up in such kind of things to his sister.

Then an idea clicked to her. Areesha was the one who he would tell. She went out to the room and took her phone and dialed Areesha's number. 

She called a few times but she didn't respond. Worry gripped her. Her sixth sense said that something was wrong. She quickly dialed Fawads number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" She heard Fawad's voice from the other a end and sighed in relief.

"Fawad beta, I was trying Areesha's number but she isn't picking up. Can you please pass the phone over to her?"

"Auntie she's in the hospital." His shaky voice came from the other end.

"B-But it's only the eighth month." She said worriedly.

"Please pray for her." Fawad's voice seemed broken.

"We are coming. Which hospital are you at?"

"City hospital near our house"

She cut the call and called Zayan in panic.

"Zayan?"

Zayan hurriedly came out of his room to see his mother clutching the phone in her hand worriedly.

"Your sister. She's in labour." She revelaed in a worried voice.

Zayan seemed to realize the gravity of the situation and hurried to get his keys.

They rushed through the busy streets with Zayan's mind full of worry. What had happened to her all of a sudden? She had been fine sometime ago. While he was worried that his suspicions might be true his mother was reading duas beside him.

Both hoped that she would be okay as they rushed inside and asked the receptionist about her.

***

Sorry for the short chapter...

Still hope u liked it!