Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Aiden's POV
             Hayden and I decided to make a path. A straight one way path going from hospital to hospital, Hayden would start at the first hospital and I would start at the last. We would meet in the middle if necessary, "Alright! Let's go!" I yell.

            "Aiden wait!" He grabs my shoulder.

            "What dude come on we gotta go!" I say about to take off again.

            Hayden grabs my shoulder again, "Dude!" I groan and turn to him, "If she's there and in a bad condition they will only let family in. We need a plan." I look at the floor, thinking, and then it hit me.

            "Her last name is Hammons! We can be siblings or some shit!" Hayden nods and holds up his keys.

            "Alright! Let's go!" Hayden gets into his car and heads to the first hospital on the list. I go to the last one; I really need to find this girl. I really hope she isn't seriously hurt.

Aubrey's POV
             I lay in bed looking up at the ceiling while Bubbles lay beside me. "Bubbles?" I felt his head come up off my arm and looks at me, "Do you think Krystina is ok?" I ask with a tear coming to my eye. Bubbles licks my arm and sits up. I let out a sniffle and sit up as well.

            I pet his head and kiss it, "What if she doesn't make it Bubbles? It's all my fault." Bubbles whined and licked my face once.

            I sighed loudly, "It is my fault Bubbles. That ledge at the part is closed off because it's too dangerous. I could have killed myself..." Tears just started pouring out now.

            "Bubbles why did she save me? I didn't need to be saved, I wanted to die. But now I made a promise to her. She could have died Bubbles, she could be dead now. She's stupid Bubbles!" Bubbles licked my face. "Why did she have to pull me back over?! Why did I-... Why did I push her Bubbles?..." Bubbles set his head on my lap.

            "I pushed her Bubbles... She would have been safe if I didn't push her... I didn't know she was so close to the edge Bubbles! I was just so angry that she saved me! Angry that she called a stupid little girl who was leaving people who needed me behind! Angry because she was right... but I just wanted to end it... Bubbles..." Bubbles looked up at me.

            "If she's dead it's all my fault. I need to tell someone!" I started to get out of bed but Bubbles grabbed the hem of my pajama shirt and pulled me back.

            "Bubbles I need to! She might be dead because of me. Bubbles let me go!" He let go and I walked to the door. He jumped off the bed and stood in front of the door.

            "Bubbles..." Bubbles sat down and I sighed. I sat on my bed and Bubbles dug through my backpack for school and walked back to me with a piece of paper in his mouth. He sat on the bed next to me and let the paper drop into my lap. I opened it up and it was one of the first letters Krystina wrote to me. I skimmed it and my eyes caught something I didn't remember.

            'Aubrey, I need you to promise me something else. I promised to help you through this no matter what happens. I want you to be fully aware that if I save you I could get hurt, and I don't want you to beat yourself up over it. I made this promise and I agreed that I'll keep this promise even if it kills me. Anything is possible. So I need you to promise me, no matter WHAT, if someone asks, just say I saved you. Don't say how, don't say why. Just say I saved you and walk away, never tell anyone what happened to me. I'm pretty sure nothing will happen but it's a precaution. I love you Bree. I need you to make this promise. Write back as soon as your little hands decide to hold a pencil. :)
             ~Pinkies and promises
                                                             Krystina xoxo'

            "Bubbles you're not a dog. You're some person reincarnated." This dog was way too smart to be able to do these things. I sigh and put the paper in my nightstand drawer, "Pinkies and Promises." I smile and get comfortable for sleep. I feel Bubbles curl up by my feet, I hear his light breathing and I soon fall asleep.

Hayden's POV
             This was the fourth hospital I have visited, there was no sight of this girl. This was gonna be a story to tell my kids one day.

             'Yeah, daddy had to drive to 9 different hospitals to find Uncle Aiden's wife.'  I shook my head and scoffed at my own stupidity, as if Aiden would end up with Krystina, he wouldn't do that. He doesn't go for nut cases. I find a parking spot and head toward the doors when heard screams, "FUCK!!" I automatically ran to where I thought I heard the voice. It was across the street by the little stream that leads to the ocean, I ran across the street and quietly walked farther, I didn't hear anything anymore but I kept walking.

           I then heard a cough to my left, I walked quickly to the left looking everywhere. I walked past a car for sale and I saw her.

            "Krystina."

            She looked so broken, her eyes shut and her breathing was really shallow, I tried to pick her up as carefully as possible, she had shit moving that wasn't supposed to be. One thing I saw right away was her broken arm; I wonder what else is broken. I looked at the book that was lying beside her. Was it hers? I tried to pick it up without dropping her, I held it in my hand while I had her in my arms bridal style, and she was lighter than expected. I started to walk as fast as I could to the hospital across the street.

             What the fuck happened to her, did she take Aubrey's spot and attempt suicide? That thought actually made me hurt; I felt my heart skip a beat. What if she did? What if she told Aubrey that she would take her place to prove to her it was a mistake or something. It sounds stupid but it could happen right?

            I run through the doors of the hospital, time warp! I don't even remember crossing the street! Nurses automatically get out a gurney and I lay Krystina on it as softly as I could.

            "Sir what's her name?" Asked one of the doctors.

            "Krystina Hammons. And I'm her cousin Hayden Hammons." The doctor nodded and I laughed to myself, Hayden Hammons? Sounds stupid. I look up to see 6 doctors surround Krystina while they strolled her into the ER. I gotta call Aiden.