Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Aiden's POV
I wake up with the sun shining in my face. I sit up and ruffle my already messy hair, I sigh and stand up. I see Hayden cuddled up against Aubrey. The fuck dude? I'm about to jump on them both when my mom walks down the stairs, "Let them sleep Aiden." I point at them.

"You're approving of this?" She laughed and motioned for me to go to the kitchen with her. "They're acting like a clingy couple in there mom. Are you really ok with that?"

"Yes I am Aiden." My eyes widen.

"What? Mom! You know Hayden isn't a saint when it comes to girls." She puts her hand on my shoulder.

"I talked to him last night Aiden. He does like Aubrey more than he says, and she obviously likes him. I think it would be ok for them to be together." I pull away from her.

"Are you out of your damn mind mom?"

"Aiden! Language."

"I'm sorry but, come on! Bree almost killed herself a month ago, he could like her out of pity and just wanna be with her so she has 'something to live for' I mean, it's possible." She sighs and leans against the counter.

"Is that how you feel about Krystina?" My flinch a bit from being caught off guard with that question. "Do you like her out of pity? So she has something to live for?" I swallow hard.

"I don't like her mom."

"Aiden Ryder Masters, don't lie to me." I sigh and sit down.

"I don't like her mom." She gives me a confused look, "I think I love her." She holds my hand.

"Well sweetie, if you feel like you love her then I'll accept it. And all I ask is you accept Hayden and Aubrey where ever their connection takes them." I nod finally agreeing to let Aubrey and Hayden be a possible item.

"Mom?" I clear my throat, "is it possible?" I look up at her.

"Is what possible Aiden?"

"Is it possible that I could love her? I mean, I read her book and know a lot about her life but not all of it. And..." I gulp and look down, "I know there are a lot of things that make it hard, her cutting, her eating disorders, and the coma. Is it possible someone like me could love her?" She let's go of my hand and walks over to hug me.

"Oh, hunny! Of course it's possible; you have a connection with her. No matter what problems there are that connection is permanent." She pulls away and holds my face so I can look at her. "She does have problems, and even through them you love her. All you have to do is help her through it all and then the love will be completely obvious to you both. Don't give up. On her or yourself." She smiles and I kiss her cheek and hug her.

"Thanks mom... For everything." I hug her tighter.

"Now." She pulls away and sighs, "Go wake up your sister and Hayden." I smile and walk into the living room. Seeing my sister cuddled against my best friend was weird to see, but like my mom said, they have a connection, so do Krystina and I. If the connection is real Hayden will help my sister, and I hope she accepts it, I don't want to lose her. I walk over and lay on top of them both.

"Wakey wakey!" I yell. Aubrey groans and smuggled into Hayden's chest. Hayden lifted his hand and patted my head.

"Where's the snooze button?" I lightly smack his face and stand up.