Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Unknown POV
"You know Hayden-" he turns around and faces me quickly, "You don't have to face this alone." He looks me up and down.

"Who the fuck are you?" I walk over to him holding out my hand.

"Social Services. I'm here to get evidence that this is Krystina Hammons but it seems we have another issue here." He let's go of Krystina's hand and stands up never breaking eye contact. I put down my hand and clear my throat. "It seems that we must take Ellie and, I believe you said, Jonas?" He nods slightly, "Take Ellie and Jonas into a different foster home. It seems it is an unfit environment to them both from what you explained."

"Fuck you! I'm not letting you take them! They're my responsibility!" I hold up my hand to silence him.

"Actually, they're your mother's responsibility, and since she has not taken said responsibility, we must put them back into the system to be adopted by people who actually do take that responsibility seriously. Now if you could tell me is this for sure Krystina Hammons." He steps closer to me.

"You don't seem to fucking understand me. I take care of these kids. I will adopt them myself if I have to! I'm 23, I can handle them!" I sigh.

"Well you would need a proper place that is up to code and a real job, not prostitution, which I could and should turn you in for. But you seem like a good lad so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Find a place that fits the code, get a real job and I will give you adoption papers for the both of them so you could be their legal guardian. Now-"

"Yeah it's Krystina Hammons, why do you need to know?" I nod and sign off on the formal papers to soon be approved by the president of Social Services in our town.

"Her mother and father, well, step father, have official and signed legal documents that state she is no longer their child." He looks at her and back at me.

"Are you telling me they don't want her? They just gave her up for adoption? She's too old for that shit isn't she?!" I shift my weight to my right leg, talking to this boy was getting tiresome.

"Technically no, right now she is like a child; she can't do much for herself. She probably won't live-" the papers that were once in my hand were now on the floor and with a look of pure anger and hatred on this boys face.

"You shut your fucking mouth. She is going to live, and since she is 'technically' up for adoption I'll take her too."

"No need." I look at the door and see a lady.

"Mrs. Masters what are you doing here?" The boy automatically loosens up and walks over to her.

"I came here because I always visit Krystina." She looks at me. "I will adopt her." The boy looks at her in shock. "I have a house and a job as a secretary for an Assistant Director in advertising." I nod and pick up my papers.

When I stand up I see the boy leaning against the wall and the lady in front of me, "I'm Nina, and who are you?"

She holds out her hand and I shake it, "I'm Riley Parks, Social Services. You are aware that she has to be conscious to agree to be part of the adoption process, correct?" She nods.

"I'll take your card and I will call you when she wakes up." The belief these people have in this girl surviving is unbelievable, I hand her my card and start walking towards the door. I look at the boy.