Chapter 6 - A Restless Night

Things you need to know:

Y/N-your name

F/C-le fav color

H/C-your hair color

E/C-you eye color

F/B-your fav book

F/S-your fav song

Italics are your dream

Y/N's P.O.V

*Your dream*

I was sitting on my bed listening to F/S and reading F/B. My mom opened the door and sat next to me. "Y/N, as you know, your father has been gone for two weeks on a business trip. He still hasn't returned. We fear he mi-might be-" She started to cry. I hugged her. I knew what she meant. He would have been back a week ago. I already knew he was gone. I could sense it. I predicted it would happen. I don't really know how, but I knew. I wasn't crying because I knew about it.

"Mom, would you like me to tell Aphy?" 

"Please do. I would, but I don't know if I could keep myself together." I got up and walked over to Aphy's room. I knocked on the door. 

"Aphy, can I come in. It's important." 

"Okay." She opened the door as cheerfully as ever. I walked in and sat on her bed. She sat next to me. 

"Aphy, father hasn't returned from his trip. We  think he might- we think he might be- he might be dead."

"Wh-what? But, daddy can't be dead. He said he would take me Scaleswind when he came back!" 

"Yes, he did. But he is usually only gone for a few days. A week at most. It's been two weeks Aphy. The village guards have been looking all over for him. He hasn't come back. They searched the whole Ru'aun region. There has been no sign of him anywhere. Aphy, he's gone." 

"He-he c-can't b-be g-g-gone!" She said sobbing. 

"Aphy, he's gone. Where else would he be? Face it, he-he isn't here." She collapsed into my arms. I let her sob into my shoulder. We sat like that for a few minutes until I heard a knock on the door. 

"Aph, it's mom. Can I come in?" Aphy ran over to her and wrapped her arms around her. 

"M-mommy, is daddy rea-really gone?" 

"I'm afraid he is dear." She and Aphy stood there sobbing. I walked over and put my hand on my mom's shoulder.

They were both asleep on the floor. I was still awake. I couldn't believe he was gone. I was up all night thinking about it. The sun shone through the window. Then I heard screaming outside. I ran over to the window. At least a dozen shadow knights were outside. I ran over to my mom and Aphy and shook them until they woke up. "Mom, get outside, now. Aphy, whatever you do, stay inside this house at all costs. Hide in the closet or something. Please. Don't worry, mommy and I will be fine." She nodded in response and ran over to the closet. I bolted down the stairs and met my mom outside. In front of us were about a hundred shadow knights or more. 

"What do you want!" my mom screamed. 

"We want the girl," they said pointing to me. "She contains some powerful magiks and we need it!" 

"I would never give you my precious daughter!" she screamed. 

"Oh really. What if we gave you something in return?"