chapter three.

"Hey, Baeley. I had to go to the studio, but i'll be back soon. Love you, babe. -Austin" I read the note as soon as I woke up.

   I yawned and look around. Zach, Kayden, Alex, Jackie and Robert were all sprawled out on my floor. Ryeley and Sadie were on the couch with me.

   I got up and ran upstairs to the bathroom to take a shower. Fifteen minutes later, I threw my hair up, and went back down to eat.

   Robert was up and in the kitchen. I smiled. "Looking for something in particular?"

   He turned around, shaking his head. "Nah, just looking. You don't have any pizza."

   I laughed, flicking my bangs out of my eyes. "No, normal people don't usually eat pizza for every meal."

   He shrugged. "Pizza's good though. I think i'll have Captain Crunch."

   It was my choice as well, and after taking down two bowls and getting out the milk, we both poured our own cereal and sauntered into the living room, careful not to step on anyone.

   "Let's watch Spongebob!" Robert said, flicking the TV on.

   I watched him then, my cheeks flushing red. "Robert?"

   He looked at me. "Yes?"

   "When we first met, you called me beautiful and said that any guy would be lucky to have me. Did you mean it?"

   He swallowed before saying; "Yes. Baels, you may not see it, but you're very pretty. Austin is one lucky son of a bitch to have won you over, and I'm glad because you guys are a good match. I said those things in hopes that I could have you, but I think I need to stop looking for love and instead let it find me. But yes, I did mean what I said. And you're never going to believe someone when they tell you you're beautiful unless you believe it yourself. You can't expect others to love you if you don't love yourself. Stop putting yourself down."

   I thought about what he said. How could I possibly love myself when my body was ridiculed every day because of the scars that had made a home on my thighs and wrists?

   As if he read my mind, he added, "Your scars make you who you are. You've just gotta love yourself."

   I nodded, not accepting and yet not denying what he said.

   "Hey, aren't you doing a self-harm speech at the theater tomorrow?" he suddenly brought up.

   My eyes widened and a gasp escaped my mouth. "Oh my God yes! I completely forgot!"

   He grinned. "Maybe you should just wing it."

   "I already know what I'm going to say." I laughed, polishing off the last of my milk.

   "Then you'll do fine. Is Austin going?" he asked.

   I shrugged. "I don't even think he knows about it. I'm doing it for a final grade for Mr. McHale's class."

   "He passed me, and all I did was sleep. You'll do okay. Are you comfortable talking about yourself in front of that many people though?" he looked at me with concern.

   I thought about it. "Well, I mean I can't back out now, and it's not like a portion of the world doesn't already know."

   "True," he agreed. "But that's different, this is kind of like a show and tell."

   I sighed. "It is what it is."

   Alex sat up and flipped his hair, and we dropped the subject. "Morning sunshine." I grinned.