chapter five.

"Baeley, really?" Austin was pissed and I could tell.

   "Austin, Jordan is just a friend... and all we did was talk." I tried.

   "Excuse me, but I'm pretty sure he was the one that you were going to have sex with before we met. And I know you have feelings for him -I can see it in your eyes!"

   "Before we met. When he and I were talking. And you don't know the half of it. We weren't going to just have sex, you're making me sound like a slut or something..." I wasn't as mad as he was.

   "Well, news flash, Baeley. He's told Robert that he has feelings for you now. All he fucking did before was fuck with your head, Baeley! And when he just out of the blue wants to hang out, you go? Are you sure nothing happened?" he was actually a lot madder than I'd thought.

   "Austin. Nothing happened. Nothing. I don't think it's fair of you to tell me I can't hang out with my guy friends when you hang out with Camila, Becky, and Maddie all the time. So what, Jordan and I have a past. So do you and Camila. I personally like her, and I trust you enough to not worry about anything happening when you and her are around each other."

   "It's not that I don't trust you-" he started.

   I was getting angry. "Yes it is, Austin! If you trusted me, you wouldn't be making a big deal out of this! All Jordan and I fucking talked about was how his rehab was going and he asked how I've been and asked to see my arms. He's been my best friend for five fucking years, Austin."

   He ran a hand through his hair, sighing. "Baeley, look. I get jealous, okay? You're mine... and I'm not sharing you with anyone. I don't even want you around Alex, Zach, and Robert when I'm not here. Jordan is the kind of guy who can get a lot of girls. He had you once, and he blew it, and I know if I was him that I'd try again too..."

   "Austin, if I wanted him, I'd have him. But who am I dating? Who am I in love with? Who... who do I want to spend the rest of my life with?" I asked, looking into his hazel eyes.

   The look in his eyes hurt the hell out of me. "Me."

   I nodded. "Exactly. And truthfully, I'm not going to stay here and fight with you. I know you're not going to drop it."

   "Baeley..." he grabbed my arm.

   I just looked at him, a tear rolling down my cheek. He wiped my eyes and I touched his arm. "Please don't cry babe."

   "You don't trust me..." I whispered.

   "Yes I do... I just... I don't want to fucking lose you."

   I moved away from him, because I didn't want him to see me cry again.

   My phone went off, and it was closer to him. He picked it up and read the message: "Hey Baeley, I want to hang out tomorrow. Hopefully Austin doesn't get mad. Just remember you're beautiful. Thanks for the kiss. ;)."

   Austin slammed the phone onto the counter. "'Thanks for the kiss?' What the fuck is that supposed to mean, Baeley?"

   I closed my eyes. I'd forgotten that I'd kissed his cheek when we parted ways, but it didn't mean anything.

   "You know what, forget it." he grabbed his keys and stormed out of the house.

   "Austin!" I reached his Range Rover before he pulled away. "It was a kiss on the cheek. That is all."

   "Doesn't matter." he clenched his jaw.

   "So you're really going to just... just fucking leave? You're seriously going to just go, just like the rest of them? Fine. Go. It's not like my feelings matter or anything." tears streamed down my face and I turned and ran back to the house.