chapter six.

•••(Baeley)

   We got to the crowded beach and even though I knew he wouldn't do anything I shortened Ryeley's leash. Austin did the same with Sadie, and seconds later there was a group of girls surrounding us.

   "Austin I love you!" was all you could hear, and it scared the shit out of Ryeley and Sadie.

   I grabbed Sadie from Austin and took them away, because I knew Sadie would bite someone.

   "This was a bad idea..." I said quietly to them, patting their backs.

   Alex and Austin came over a few minutes later. They had smiles on their faces and that made me smile too. "They make you so happy, don't they?"

   Austin nodded. "They do."

   He took my free hand and Sadie's leash back in the other. We found a spot near the water and I let Ryeley off his leash. We'd have to walk Sadie because she was only four months old and not fully trained.

   "So, what do you want for your birthday?" Austin asked me.

   My 18th birthday was April 5, a day after Austin's. It was only a week away.

   "Hmm, I don't know. Haven't really thought about it." I replied, looking at them.

   I realized he could pretty much buy whatever, but I didn't want him to. Dating him wasn't meant to be a luxury. If that was the case I would've asked him for expensive things all along.

   "Money doesn't buy happiness." I said, not really to anyone.

   "Well obviously," Austin sat down in the sand. "But if there's something you want, i'll get you it."

   I put the spotlight on him. "What do you want?"

   He smiled, flipping his hair. "I want to spend time with you and my family, mostly. But I've got everything I want, I don't need anything."

   "Alright then, i'll get you nothing." I teased.

   He made a puppy-dog face. "Not even a kiss?"

   "Not even a kiss." I shook my head.

   "Chill, we all know you're giving each other birthday sex." Alex laughed, and so did Austin.

   "Oh my God Alex." I started laughing as well.       

   "But no." Austin shook his head.

   The glint in his eye contradicted that statement, and I shook my head slightly. "Dirty."

   "Shut up! You're just as dirty as I am then!" he laughed.

   "You wish!" I punched his arm.

   "Oh my God, it's Austin!" we heard, and two girls appeared.

   "And Baeley! And Alex!"

   I smiled at them, holding Sadie back from jumping. "Hey, I love you guys." Austin said, standing up and hugging them.

   They started crying, thanking him for saving their lives and always being there. My heart swelled, and I smiled. "Baeley will you be in a picture with us too?" they asked.

   "Well, I have Sadie and Ryeley but sure." I got up, and they hugged me.

   Their mom snapped the picture, and when they asked for one with just me because I was "soo pretty" I agreed.

   "You're so lucky to be dating Austin!" they said, and I blushed.

   "I am very lucky! But you guys are beautiful!"

   "So are you! And obviously Austin thinks so as well!"

   "Well, yeah, but there's always things that happen and people that tear you apart." I said, not really sure where it came from.

   Actually I did. Robert.

   "What's that mean?" Austin asked as we left, heading back to my house.

   "I honestly don't know where it came from..." I lied.

   "Jordan?" he mouthed.

   "No. Uhm, can we talk elsewhere?" I asked, knowing I had to tell him.

   "Yeah..." I handed Alex the leashes and Austin and I walked away.

   "So, the other night... I had a dream. And you were cheating on me, and so I turned to Robert. And he kissed me. And... I don't know Austin. I love you so much... But I don't know what it means."

   Austin looked at me and touched my arm. "Baeley I don't know what I have to do to prove to you that you're the only one I want."

   I swallowed. "You're the only one I want; the only one I've ever wanted... And I don't want to lose you... but I don't want to feel like there's someone better out there for you."

   "There's not. I fucking love you, Baeley! If I wanted someone else, would I be with you?" he made me look him in the eyes.

   I didn't answer, and he said again, "Would I be with you?"

   I shook my head, looking at the ground.

   He ripped my head up by my chin. "Exactly. Because I love you. Now stop, you're beautiful." he kissed me passionately.

   I wrapped my arms around his neck, forgetting everything but Austin and his lips and his tongue.

   I opened his mouth and our tongues met, and he pulled me closer to him, his arms on my waist.

   "Austin, I love you." I said, kissing his neck.

   He grinned, tickling me. We walked back to Alex hand-in-hand and I smiled.

   "You guys good?"

   Austin and I looked at each other. "Yeah." we said, laughing.