chapter thirteen.

"Take a left at the end of the hallway, and there you are!" the lady at the front desk said.

   "Thank you!" I smiled, running to the end of the hall and opening the door that read, "Puppies".

   "The pitbull puppies are at the end to the right." Austin pointed.

   I walked all the way to the end and looked in the cage. Six pitbull puppies sat with their mother and I looked at them with hurt eyes.

   "I want them all." I said quietly.

   "I know babe. But look at them. They're so cute." He smiled when the black and white one came over to the door.

   I opened it, and picked the puppy up. She licked my face and scrambled to lick Austin's. "Hi there cute stuff." he grinned, rubbing the puppy's face.

   "She's so cute." I grinned, looking at him.

   "She's yours if you want her." he bit his lip and I kissed his cheek.

   "I love you so much."

   He grinned. "I love you so much too."

   I stood up and shifted the puppy, and Austin opened the door. We paid, signed the papers, and left. I let her sit on my lap while we drove to Petsmart.

   "Bring her with." Austin said, parking.

   "Obviously." I grinned.

   He ears perked up when we walked into the store and walking directly to the collars and leashes.

   "What're you gonna name her?" Austin asked.

   "You pick a name." I said.

   I picked out a red harness, a tyedye collar, and a red leash. I slipped the harness on her, and clipped the leash to it. I also slipped the collar on, and we walked to the dog food aisle.

   "I'll grab the food, go get bowls and stuff." Austin said, picking up a bag of Beneful.

   "Ready?" he asked.

   I grabbed a bag of dog treats and followed him to the counter.

   "Find everything okay?" the male

clerk asked.

   I smiled and nodded. "Yes, thank you."

   "What's your puppy's name?" he smiled, petting her.

   "We haven't named her yet."Austin replied.

   "I told him to pick one but he's slacking." I grinned up at Austin.

   "I'm thinking, hush." he said, handing over the cash and taking the receipt and change.

   "Have a good day!" the clerk said, and we nodded and left.

   "How about we name her Oreo?" Austin asked, putting the stuff in the back seat.

   "How about no," I laughed. "That's a boys name."

   "It works for both!" he argued, grinning.

   "Oreo." I said to the puppy.

   She tilted her head and licked my face. I laughed, "Okay, okay. Oreo it is!"

   "Told ya." he said, pulling into the street.

   "Oh hush."

   He looked at me. "I love you."

   I blushed and kissed his cheek. "I love you more. Thank you, she's amazing."

   Oreo was sleeping on my lap, and her paws were twitching.

   "You're amazing. And this isn't all I got you."

   "What?" I was confused.

   He grinned. "Nothing, nothing. You'll see."

   He flipped the radio on, and Talk Dirty came on. He looked at me, and I couldn't help but laugh.