chapter twenty eight.

"Baeley I'm not fucking arguing with you." Austin said, looking at me.

"Haven't we had this fight before?" I asked, looking back at him.

"Yep. And I told you nothing was going on, and Camila is just a friend."

I rolled my eyes and unlocked my phone. Austin's smiling face was there, and he actually looked happy.

"When did you stop being happy?" I asked.

"Who said I'm not happy?" he looked up.

"When did you stop being happy?" I repeated, this time my voice cracked.

"I'm happy. Don't know where you got that from."

"You're happy. Just not with me."

He grabbed my phone. "Baeley. Stop. I don't know what the hell you're thinking, but you're wrong. I'm happy with you. Just because I don't smile 24/7 and I'm not always in a good mood doesn't mean I'm not happy. I've been stressed since The Secret came out and you know that."

"And you don't talk to me about it. Instead we argue over stupid shit."

"You brought up pointless drama over rumors on Twitter. Rumors Baeley."

"'Camila and Austin cheating rumors.' "What about Baeley? Things between Camila and Austin heat up.' Because I'm not supposed to worry about that."

"Do you honestly think I'd cheat on you?" he looked me in the eyes.

I looked away.

"That means yes. Maybe I should go." he stood up and slipped into his Jordan's.

"Bye." was all he said.

He came back in a second later and took my blades he knew I had hidden.

As soon as he shut the door, I set my head against it. "But I love you.." I whispered, tears falling.

----------

I woke up the next morning and didn't have a good morning text from Austin. I looked around my room, at all the pictures of he and I.

Oreo pushed my door open with her nose and jumped on my bed.

"Our one year is tomorrow. And I don't even know if he still wants me.."

"I do." Austin said quietly, pushing the door open a little more.

His hands were in his pockets. His LK snapback was turned around backwards on his head. He held my favorite hoodie, the pizza one.

"Baby.." he looked at me.

I saw the pain in his eyes, and it sealed my lips.

I slowly wrapped my arms around him, and he did the same. His hugs were always comforting and I closed my eyes.

"You're hurting my ribs babe." I whispered.

He loosened his grip immediately but didn't break the hug.

"Baeley, I love you."

"Austin, I love you."

He looked into my eyes again. "Thank you. For not cutting."

"We have a promise, remember?"

He smiled. "Yes baby, I remember."

Our lips met. "Feels good to have you in my arms again."

"Why didn't you text me goodmorning this morning?" I asked.

"Figured it'd be better if I came here instead." he said, resting his chin on my forehead.

"Good morning to you too." I replied.

"Did I mention that I love you?"

I grinned. "Yes, for almost a year now."

"Oh yeah, that's tomorrow isn't it?"

I punched his chest. "You little shit!"

"I'm kidding babe I could never forget that." he kissed me again, and when I kissed him back, it felt like it did the first time we ever kissed.