chapter twenty three.

As soon as Austin and I walked into his house, Robert, Alex, and Zach all bombarded us.

   "Finally you guys are back!"

   "What AC, did you miss me?" Austin laughed, hugging him.

   "We had so many parties though." Robert grinned.

   "Liars." I stuck my tongue out.

   "No but for real. I missed you guys because Foolish Four." I said, smiling.

   "Foolish Four." Zach grinned, and they all shared a group hug.

   "Robert, you 'bout to Beyonce this group?" I teased, and they all laughed.

   "Hell yeah, let's go. Afternoon Delight." he snapped his fingers.

   They started singing and Robert took the lead.

   "Beyonce, no. No no no. Back it up, start from the top." Austin interjected.

   "Drake Bell, you did not just interrupt my girl Bey. Mmm no." Alex said, sending me into hysterics.

   We all doubled over in laughter.

   "Hi there Drake Bell," I said to Austin. "How's your album coming?"

   That set off more laughter, and we all collapsed onto the floor. Suddenly I got a pain in my stomach and they all looked at me.

   "Baeley are you okay?" Austin's face was pained.

   "Y-Yeah." I said, scowling in pain.

   "No. Let's go, we're going to the hospital."

   Austin helped me up and I doubled over in pain again. "Baeley, babe."

   "Let's just go okay?" I said, with the fear of being pregnant.

   Don't get me wrong, I'd love that, but Austin's career is too important for him to have to worry about a baby.

   "Guys c'mon." Austin said to the guys.

   They helped me to Zach's car, and we headed for th hospital. Austin was glancing at me while trying to focus on the road.

   "Jeeze, Austin, don't get us pulled over." Alex said, realizing how fast we were going.

   "Baeley, are you okay? And I won't AC." Austin replied.

   I nodded and sighed in relief when we got to the parking lot.

•••

   "Baeley what if you're pregnant?" Austin asked as we sat in the room waiting for the doctor.

   "You don't have to stay with me."

   "Why the fuck would I not? It's my child, I'm not going to just leave you. I can't believe you think I would."

   "Austin stop that's not what I fucking meant. I meant that you're 18, your Mahomies mean the world to you, and your career is just getting started; a baby is going to ruin it all." I winced in pain.

   We dropped the topic when the doctor knocked, and the door opened.

   "Baeley, follow me please, you're going to the Ultrasound room."

   "Uhm, can I come? I don't want to leave her." Austin grabbed my hand.

   "I suppose." We followed him to the room and I was intructed to take my shirt off and lay on the table.

   "It's warm gel." the nurse said, smiling at me.

   "Baeley, before we find anything out, I love you. We're in this for the long haul, like truckers. Remember?" Austin smiled softly.

   A tear fell from my eyes and I nodded.