Her Writing

Austin walks in a few seconds after dad leaves. He waist no time to come in the room, takes out an iron key and unlocks they cuffs and pulls me me into him. He grabs my legs and wraps them around his waist.

Kissing him, he growls in his throat, kissing me back. He leans his forehead against me and whispers. "Stay with me Nova, we'll figure this out. Just stay with me. Here." He whispers, then kisses me again.

Pulling away, I run my fingers through his hair. "I'm hungry,"

"I'll have someone bring us some food," he then gets a distance look on his face, then is soon back with me. "What did your dad bring you?"

He eases me back down on the bed, before cleaning the bed of the chains. "Might want the bed sheets changed out," I tell him, looking at the rusted stain on the bed.

He looks at the sheets soon as the chains were on the floor. "You might have a point." He then comes back to me, as I lean back against the pillows, with mom journal. "So what is that?"

"My mom journal,"

He moves my legs open, then lays between them and lays his head against my chest. "So lets see what she says and how to help you."

Opening the book, I clear my throat and start reading out loud.

June 2

The half change is freeing, just like becoming a wolf. But the half change is different then becoming a wolf. The half change is more of the human and wolf mind as equal, unlike the wolf change. The wolf change, the wolf controls more.

But the human and wolf mind, as equal are more dangers. There a darkness, that's compelling in the change. It only takes a few seconds of anger and threat to slip into the darkness and then death can happen.

I don't know how this has happened to me. My brother isn't this way as far as I know and neither is my parents. So how am I this way? Will my children, become like me? Be an outsider, even among our people? I know there is others like me, but they are sure to hide them selves.

What I am, is dangerous and I plan to find a way to save myself and my future children, for if they become just like me.

"So when did she exactly start writing this?" Austin asks, taking the book and flips a few pages, but there is no year on the pages. There just month and day.

"Um hum, it was before she met my dad and had all us kids, is my guess. So maybe when she really started her changes." I tell him and then grab the book back from him. "Let's skip a few pages and see what else there is."

****

--Five hours later--

Austin takes the book from me and lays it down on the bed. "Okay I can't take it anymore, we are getting no where with that." He complains, as he sits up.

Sitting on my knees, blood flow returns to my legs, then I wrap my arms around his neck. "Your not the one who's legs are just now getting blood flow through."

He chuckles, looking over his shoulder at me. "Sorry." His brow creases in a worried way. "How are you feeling? Any....urges to shift and attack?"

Thinking about his question, I felt fine and truthfully, it felt like I was at peace with just being close to him. His mate bite, bound us, as if we are one. But being this close to him, I felt better then ever and like nothing bad would happen. Could that be it? Being away from him, for so long makes me snap? No that doesn't make sense, he was there only a few feet when I killed that man, that would had been my mom fake mate. It has to be something else, making me like this. But what?

"Nova?" Austin touched my arm, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

Shaking my head, I give him the best fake smile I can muster. "Yeah I'm fine, just thinking."

***

What are your thoughts? What makes Elly a cold blooded killer? What do you think made her mom that way?