Nature

Tree branches scratch my arms and legs, but I push forward. My goal is simple, my motivation is my brother and I to live.

My skin starts to itch and bones feel tight. My left leg bone snaps, shifting into the way, it would turn into a hind leg. I have to grab on to a tree and hold my balance, before I cry in pain, when the bones crunch and twist, only to shift back.

Let me take over. We aren't going to live long, if you let the half shift mind stay in play. My wolf tells me.

Shaking my head, I close my eyes, take in a deep breath and slowly let it out. My mind switches speeds and before I know it, I'm on all fours, running threw the woods.

I'm focused on finding the tree, and I don't even see the side attack, from a half shifter. The half shifter, sends me a few feet.

Turning on her, I show my teeth and growl deeply. Lunging at her, my speed surprises her and doesn't even have time to scream when I kill her.

Stepping away from the body, mine starts to shake and I can feel the darkness try to take over. Shaking my head violently, it fades away and then I get moving again.

Pov: Austin

I don't know why or how, I seen Nova mom. But I did and she showed me, where she and Cody are. We drive fast and I have one of my mine call her dad to tell him, where to go.

I can hear him ask to talk to me. But I can't talk. If I let go of the seat, I'll jump out the Hummer and run to where she is. "Just tell him to get there." Is all I say, as I see Nova in my head laughing, as she holds a baby in a long white handmade blanket.

Deeper into my thoughts by the second, I hear her clear, as if she with me right this minute. "Austin put the camera away and hold your daughter."

Someone shakes my shoulder, taking me out of my thoughts. Out of the thought of having Nova with me. Out of my thought of starting a family.

"We are here." One of the women fighters say in the back.

Outside, the woods are dense and dark. The stars and moon shine bright above.

Scanning the trees when we get out, I see Nova mother again, she waves her arms above her head. "This way!" I yell to the others, before I shift and start to run the way, the one that had once lived was.

Pov: Nova

Dad has told me many times that I have a soft heart and try to find another way. But when I can't, I'm someone else. I'm something else.

Bodies of half shifters lay around behind me. I don't know how many people I've killed and don't want to think about it. My coat is covered in blood. If I wasn't racing against a clock, I would be better about my kills. But I don't have time for that.

Something moves above and then someone comes flying down from the trees. Dodging back a woman in a torn flowing dress lands down in front of me. Her long blond hair is mattered, it has leafs and twigs in it. Her dress is brown green, torn in different places.

Sniffing the air, she smells like earth, but I smell something else. Shifting into my human form, I look at her with new eyes. I hadn't seen her in months or heard how she been. She should, be back home in her hospital bed, not knowing of the world. But here she is. A wild woman. She makes me think of mother nature herself. "Natty? Natty why are you here? How is this possible?" I ask her.

She looks at me, like she doesn't understand what she sees and then starts to speak. "Nova?" Her voice sounds strange to my ears. But it should be expect, the last time I heard her voice, was the night of the attack that took so many. "Where am I? Why are you older? Last I seen you-"

"Alright that's enough talking!" Shannon yells out, as she comes threw the trees. "Natty darling, I gave you a job. Kill her."

"But...but she my-"

"She not your sister Natty! Not anymore! You aren't a Werewolf! You haven't been, since the night of the attack that killed your mother!"

Natty looks at herself, then back to Shannon. "Then what am I?"

Shannon smiles at her and then she turns her wicked smile on me. "The purest of things. You are a clean slate." She looks back at Natty. "Your kind have no real name, but Nature it's self. It's your job, to clean the world of the condemned. Clean the world of evil. In this case, you must kill your sister. She can half shift and yes, half shifting isn't normal. But most can handle the balance of the two minds." She looks back at me. "But not Nova," she raises her head, like she better then me. "She pure evil in the half shift. She must be killed."

Natty shakes her head. "She my sister! I love her! I can't kill her!"

Shannon looks back at Natty. "Blood might be thick, but the line of good and evil-"

I've had it, I can't take it. In one jump, I'm on top of Shannon. "Tell me Shannon, do you hate yourself, because you can't shift or is it the fact, that Natty and I mother, found her mate and lived a happy life, before she was killed?" I ask threw my teeth.

A tree branch wraps around me and slams me against a big tree, knocking the wind out of me. "Nova!" Natty screams out in horror.

Gasping for air, Shannon gets up and dust herself off. "It's the fact that I'm not like those I lead! I hate them all! I'm nothing more then a human, with abilities that I can't use to the full, because I can't shift right!" She screams out.

"So you take it out on everyone? Really? Your pathetic." I spit out.

She walks up fast to me and takes my face in one hand and digs her nails into my skin. "Yes I take it out on everyone, because I'm different and all I want is what you have. But in stead of being what I want, I'll be a leader of half shifters, that take what they want and what I want right now, is to see you suffer. Your trained to with stand a lot of pain, but not the pain of those you love." She steps away and is a few feet away when she starts talking again. "Your father and his pack are here, so is your mate and his pack, then of course Natty and Cody are here. There just one person that isn't here yet."

My stomach drops, blood runs cold, as I see my beloved little niece face in my head. "You stay the fuck away from her!" I scream out, disturbing some birds that take flight.

Shannon turns to the side and smiles evil. "To late and she'll know the truth." She says to us and then starts to walk away.

"No!"

Natty hand moves and the branch moves, to free me. Dropping me on the ground. "Who she talking about?" She asks.

Rubbing my stomach, I look at her. "Our niece, she doesn't know that her mother dead. She thinks I'm her mother and that her mother was someone else from our family." I tell her.

When Natty opens her mouth, a gust of wind knocks me back against the tree, roots wrap around me again, leafs come down and dress me in a light green leaf dress.

Looking at myself for a few seconds, I look back at my sister. "Natty, are you doing this?" Her face turns red. "Stop it Nat and let me go!" I growl.

"I don't know how! I'm not even sure how that even happened!" She tells me.

"Well whatever you did before, that got the limb to let go, do that again."

She looks at the tree, for a few seconds, but nothing happens. "I don't know how."

Groaning, I close my eyes and link my mind to those of my father pack and Austin pack. Half shifters are coming, they are not friendlies, kill when seen. There might also be headed back home to take Maria, that can't not happen. Braking the link before anyone can say anything, I set my sights on my sister, who looking at herself, like just realizing, she a grown woman and not a child anymore. "Nat, I know this is all different and strange. But I need you to focus and get me down, our family in danger."

****

Finally an update! Sorry took so long, life gets in the way and meds for mouth surgery don't help on updates lol.

Hope no one minded the curb ball just threw with Natty coming in to the story. It's better then having her lay in a bed, doing nothing, right?