e n d ;

[ June 26th, 1978 ]

The Marauders lay in front of the fire in the Gryffindor common room. Octavia was spread in James' lap, Marlene was back to back with Sirius and Lily was cuddling with Remus. They had just finished their last day ever at Hogwarts, and it was their time to leave and do something with their life.

Octavia and James had been dating for over a year now, and everyday they found themselves more and more in love. The guys and girls of their year level were over excited when the two came back from the Forbidden Forest that night, and since then the two couldn't be separated - no matter how hard you tried.

Waiting for sleep to take them one last time at Hogwarts, none of them excepted a figure bursting through the common room door at almost two o'clock in the morning.

James was the first to jump up, in front of Octavia in an instinctive manner. Using an arm that was extended from James, Octavia pulled herself up and stood beside her boyfriend. Within seconds, the group of friends were standing side by side, looking at the entrance of the common room.

Out of the shadows, walked Professor McGonagall. An expression of urgency painted her face, which was quickly replaced with relief. "Boys, girls, your presence is needed in Professor Dumbledore's office."

Throughout their six years at Hogwarts, none of them had ever been requested by Dumbledore - let alone in his office. Not even James or Sirius, after causing serious damage to the school or it's students, had been handled by Dumbledore himself.

To say that the group were surprised, was an understatement. "Now, please." McGonagall said, urgency lacing her voice and once again painting her face. The group looked at each other, but without any verbal acknowledgments, they followed her down the stairs and towards his quarters.

"Sherbet Lemon." Sirius resisted a chuckle, but instead coughed. Octavia shot him a glare. Before no time, the group was standing in front of Dumbledore, who looked sick and weak. His eyes were dark and he was leaning against his desk.

"Students." He nodded his head. "I originally thought against this, but the time has come where I must request something very big, very important of you." Again, they looked at each other. Octavia felt James' hand slide into hers slowly. "As we all know, a certain dark wizard is becoming stronger. His power is growing at a significantly great rate, and we know the ministry aren't planning anything to control this. I have thought over this again and again, and I want to make a resistance. Normally I wouldn't bring you kids into this mess. It's not your problem, and you're young. But I need people I can trust. People I can put my faith and secrets into, without any worry about Voldemort turning you against me...

The room went quiet, except for a little gasp that came from Marlene.

"You kids are some of my most powerful students. You're troublemakers, but you're loyal. Plus, He wouldn't expect an army with people like you. You'd be safe. You are more than welcome to refuse, I just wanted to propose the idea."

"And this resistance... what is our role?" Lily asked wearily.

"The Order of the Phoenix was made to fight Voldemort and all of his followers. I want to prevent Him from taking over the wizarding world, and I know it's possible, I just need some help."

"I'm in." Remus said. He was the first to step forward, and Octavia felt her eyes widen. "I'm a werewolf, there will never be a secure place for me to live and work. I want to do something significant, and I think this is it." He spoke, mainly to himself as he nodded his head.

"Me too." Octavia stepped forward to join Remus, momentarily breaking the hand-hold she had with James, before he stepped up too and rejoined then.

"I am, also."

Within seconds, they were all standing in a line again. Well, almost. Peter stood behind them, nervously biting his nails and slightly shaking.

"Peter?" Octavia asked, giving him her signature, gentle smile. "We can't do this without you!"

"I-Yes, I'm in."

Something about the stutter in his voice put both Dumbledore and Octavia off. They were used to hearing it, but this time was different. This time, he sounded genuinely conflicted... troubled.

Nevertheless, Dumbledore brushed it off. "Welcome to the Order!"

► ▷

[so a lot of people have been asking for me to continue, and i felt so happy that people wanted another chapter even though it had ended. i just wanted to quickly write this and publish it as the last, concluding chapter. i will not be writing any more after this, but thank you all for your constant support. xx]

published [07/11/2017]