f i f t e e n ;

[ november 29th, 1976 ] 

"Can you believe how close the Christmas break is?" Peter said excitedly as the Marauders made their way to Defence Against the Dark Arts. Octavia wasn't paying attention though. She was lost in thought. It seemed like only a week ago that James took her to the Halloween dance, yet in reality it was almost a month ago.

A lot has changed since then. Marlene informed her that whilst the went missing during the dance, James spent a lot of time with Lily. This really got on Octavia's nerves as she was convinced that James has the hots for the red head. Octavia wasn't annoyed at Lily, though, how could she be? James was undeniably attractive.

Ever since that night she'd notice how close Lily and James were. Octavia wasn't sure if it was her being paranoid, or if two of her friends fancied each other and didn't bother to inform her. Technically it was none of her business, but she was closest with Lily and James so she'd expected to be informed if anything had happened.

That though, was completely incorrect. James was hurt when Octavia left the dance, he'd thought she'd gone and completely ditched. He went over with Remus and Lily so that he didn't have to stand alone for Merlin knows how long. But it was true, he had been getting closer with Lily. Not the way Octavia was viewing, but as friends. Lily was Octavia's closest girlfriend, and if James wanted to impress Octavia, he thought it wise to get tips from her. 

Lily had approved of James' efforts to get Octavia's attention, and has been sparing her time to help out the love sick boy. She found it rather adorable, and was truly excited to find out that James reciprocates he besties' feelings.

Before she knew it, Octavia had taken a seat next to Peter and Sirius, waiting for the lesson to begin. Before it did though, a few students noticed how large the class was today. And when their teacher, Miss Merrythought came in, it explained a lot.

"As you all know, next week I have to leave for urgent family business. My Slytherin class will get a substitute teacher, but as I don't know if they'll be a good one or not, the fifth year Slytherins have joined us now." A couple of groans from the Gryffindor's were released. "Today, we will all be learning how to produce a patronus charm. Everyone stand up." Everyone stood up immediately and Miss Merrythought stood out from behind her desk. "Remus, would you like to tell the class how to produce one."

He coughed slightly, intimidated by all the eyes on him. "Well, I know that an incorporeal   patronus charm is very difficult to make, almost impossible among dark wizards. But from my knowledge, all that is needed is the happiest memory a witch or wizard can think of, whilst saying the incantation 'expecto patronum'."

"Well said, Remus. Ten points to Gryffindor."

"Ay Moonyyyy." Sirius cheered, giving his mate a pat on the back."

"Would everyone like to try that now? It takes a lot of concentration, so we'll do it one by one." She looked around the room before her eyes focuses on Sirius, who was still fooling around and making a big deal of Remus. "Black."

"Yes?" Two voices replied. Octavia looked behind her, locking eyes with the youngest brother who up until then, didn't notice to be in the other class joining her.

"Sirius, I mean. You seem rather enthusiastic," She drawled, "Why don't you give it a go?"

"Gladly."