t w e n t y - t wo [part two] ;

[ January 15th, 1977 ]

Octavia's head was spinning. Gryffindor were celebrating their win against Slytherin the best way they knew how; a party in the common room with a load of firewhisky. They somehow managed to keep the first to fifth years in their dorms while the sixth and seventh years partied.

Octavia stumbled across the room as she took another small swig from her bottle. She observed her surrounded the best she could. She noticed a few people making out here and there, which wasn't a surprise. Octavia kept looking around, disappointed she couldn't see James anywhere.

She was amused, however, when her eyes landed on Sirius. He was sneaking (or attempting to) over to where the stash of unopened firewhisky was being held. He quickly took a bottle, happy with his stealth and cranked it open. He was just about to take a swig when a loud voice stopped him.

 He was just about to take a swig when a loud voice stopped him

"Sirius Black, put down the firewhisky!" Lily Evans called out, running over to the already hammered boy. Sirius visually cringed as he put the lid back on and placed it down. He frowned to himself before glaring at the red head. He just wanted a bit of fun.

Octavia stumbled her way over, not going unnoticed by Lily and Sirius. They giggled at how horribly she was walking, but Octavia was too busy concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other to care.

"Where's James?" Octavia asked loudly. This sparked curiosity in both of her friends.

"Over there." Sirius nodded his head in the direction. Both Octavia and Lily looked over, a small group of ten to fifteen people around the fire. They were talking lowly, but laughing loudly every now and then. "They're all playing truth or dare. Come on, let's go."

Lily and Octavia followed the enthusiastic boy over to the group, placing themselves down in the gaps of the circle. The loud music pumped through the room, it was a surprise that no teachers came in to sort out what was happening.

The group barely acknowledged the new comers; too transfixed on Dakota, the girl who was currently thinking of a dare for a boy in his seventh year. She was gorgeous, short blonde hair with the most green eyes you have ever seen.

"Okay Frank, I want you to go take Alice into the cupboard with you. Seven minutes in heaven." She giggled, smirking at him. The group wolf-whistled and Alice blushed deeply, but didn't object.

"Easy." Frank shrugged, taking Alice's hand and leading her away. Octavia noticed Mary sitting next to James, and the small smile they shared didn't get past the young witch. A pang of hurt flickered through her, but she tried to brush it off.

The dares continued for twenty minutes, each worse than the previous one. Octavia's eyes scanned the room, where they landed on a boy. Ashton was standing in the corner, his face was black and blue, and his lip was cracked. Their eyes met, before his flickered down in what seemed like anxiety.

She turned her head back to the group. Remus sat across from the girl, thinking of a way to get his best mates together. He looked towards James, and his jaw dropped. Mary's hand was on his knee, sliding up. Remus knew that it was only the drink, but it still wasn't right. He was praying with everything he had that Octavia wouldn't look over.

Remus was getting increasingly anxious, so he did something rash. "My turn!" He called, capturing the small groups attention. "Okay James, truth or dare?"

Mary's hand retracted, turning her body to look at James better. Remus let out a sigh of relief, noticing Octavia look towards James, too. "What kind of a question is that?" James chuckled to himself, pushing out his chest. "Dare."

Remus sat there rubbing his chin, pretending as if he didn't know what to ask. "Okay, I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl here." Octavia's eyes widened and she could feel herself get more and more angry as James' eye quickly flickered to Mary, who was all over him. Remus noticed this too, and tried to make light of the situation. "And notice I charitably said girl and not person, because lets face it, I'd smoke all you bitches."

The girls scoffed at this, laughing at Remus' modesty. James got up and within seconds, had his lips pressed against Octavia's.

She couldn't describe how this felt, as there was no words to perfectly capture it. It was amazing and there was an instant warmth that flowed through her body. His lips felt as though they fit flawlessly with hers and in that moment both Octavia and James felt pure bliss.

► ▷

published [10/4/2017]

note [this is the end of chapter twenty-two, next chapter will resume to being the normal word length!]