f o u r t e e n ;

[ november 6th, 1976 ]

"Taviaaaaa"

The young girl grumbled to herself as she slipped out of her bed and chucked a robe on. She walked down the stairs slowly, wondering what those clowns could possibly be up to. They smiled brightly when they saw her and ushered her over. They were sitting in a circle, a big piece of parchment in the middle of them all.

"What?" She asked, sounding a lot more hostile than she intended. She looked back over to the parchment and noticed that it was their Marauder's map. They made it in their second year at Hogwarts and have been using it ever since. It's saved the five of them from too many detentions to count.

► ▷

"It actually works." Peter laughed, staring wide-eyed at the map.

"Were you doubting my skills and intelligence?" Remus smirked, rubbing his hands together and opening the map further.

"Oh no," Octavia said, in faux assurance, getting closer to him and taking his cheeks between her hands. "We'd never doubt our dear, beautiful Remus."

The boys all laughed as they took note of every detail they helped place on the map. "So now we'll be the only second years to actually know where we're going as well as know all of the secret exits and when we can access them." Remus spoke proudly, his head held high.

"Nicely done." Sirius praised.

Everyone sat in silence before James exhaled and said, "This is all for sensible uses, correct?"

"Agreed." Peter said.

"Absolutely." Remus assured.

"Also, we're going to use it to prank Snivellus, right?"  James asked quickly.

"Oh yeah, doubtless."

"It goes without saying."

"Boys, NO!"

► ▷

"We're leaving for a walk around Hogwarts any moment, are you in?" They all stared at her. The knew they didn't really need to ask, Octavia never missed a trip outside of the common room with the boys. It was around nine o'clock in the evening and although most of the students were up in their dormitories,  it was well past curfew.

Octavia accepted their offer and went to her dorm in means of changing into warmer clothes. When she walked back down, the boys had already gathered their stuff. Peter was holding onto the parchment, muttering sentences to himself as he struggled to remember the words in which were key to revealing the map. His eyes widened as the map revealed some text.

Mr Moony presents nothing but sympathy for Wormtail as he wishes the boy will stop forgetting the password.

Mr Prongs agrees with Mr Moony and would like to announce that he's surprised that Wormtail is more forgetful than Ms Sly.