Chapter 8

"It all started 10 years ago when I was still living here in Japan. I was a cheerful 9-year old. I lived with my mom and dad; he was teaching me magic, because I was the heir of the Tohsaka family. That's why I had a high sense of duty - to live up not only to my dad's but to my house's expectations as well. I had a best friend also. Matou Takeshi. We were best friends since we both were 6 years old when we started to attend the same elementary school. Everything seemed to be great but there was one problem – our last names. For some stupid reason our parents didn't want us to be friends. Just because they had their disagreements in the past we needed to hate each other too, but that just couldn't happen. We were friends you know" Your voice cracked for a second but you pushed your tears away and continued "Because we were just children back then we were quite naïve and didn't know or didn't want to admit that some people are willing to go to extreme lengths to achieve what they want. You see, Matou family was once really powerful but now they are... quite rotten. Yeah, I guess you can say that. Takeshi's family did something to him, I don't know what, but 10 years ago my mom and dad were killed because... because Takeshi killed them. He came at night and butchered them. I couldn't recognize him that night. He was always a cheerful boy but that night he was a crazy 9 year old who slaughtered two innocent people."

You were both queit for a moment. But then you just stood up "So that's basically my story. My nanny came just at the right moment. She saw what happened, took me and we flew away to Canada where my family had a castle. She raised me and everything was going just fine until those red marks appeared on my hand less than a week ago. And now I'm here, back in Japan telling the story I once swore to forget to a man from fairytales ." You even smiled to yourself ironically. "It's an interesting world indeed."

"Hm. That explains a lot. "Gilgamesh said with strange tone. It wasn't bad, just strange. "Just don't expect any pity from me to your fairytale-like princess story" He added.

You frowned "I don't need nor yours nor anyone's pity. This is a path I chose myself. And I don't regret it" You said and turned away. "It's just... I wish I knew why he did it. Have his parents forced him to? Have he been brainwashed? Was it his decision? I don't know. I wish I knew. I wish this never happened. But because I don't know what happened I don't know where I should direct my hate towards. And because I don't know who to hate there is this empty, emotionless hole inside me. Nothing..." You felt how your heart told a little bit too much than your mind was feeling it should have. I was time to come back to reality. "Nice chat. I'm going home; see you later, King of Heroes"

"You shouldn't turn you back to the king, woman." Gilgamesh said in quiet but angry tone.

You were so done with this douchebag but couldn't do much about it. What a troublesome Spirit! You stopped and turned around. "You're going or what?" you asked. Gilgamesh smiled mischievously and stood up. "I guess our picnic came to an end. But you should really work on your manners. Never forget who you're speaking to. "

As if you could forget. He reminds of who he is every time you have a conversation. When both of you were going back to your house you remembered something you wanted to talk about.

"When I was jogging the other day I saw a house covered in yellow duct tape marking it as a crime scene. When I came back I investigated a bit" You started "Apparently a family of three was brutally murdered two days ago. Also in the last three days 5 children went missing. What do you think? Could it be a Servant's job?"

Gilgamesh frowned "Possibly. Disgusting mongrel."

"Well, I guess we'll find out who is responsible. " You said. He nodded slightly.