Chapter 17

Thank you guys for patience... Love you all ♥♥♥ Sorry for any typos, wrote this one on my phone. Have a nice day! ^^

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As the main gates of amusement park showed itself, you still couldn't believe that you were actually going there. To the amusement park. During ing Holy Grail War.

"I still don't understand what we are doing here." You complained.
"Me neither. But trust me." Gilgamesh answered.
"So you dragged me here without any reason? I could use this time training or gathering information!"
"You know everything you need to know and if you train even harder, you'll be able to hold out against me for 5 minutes." He said calmly.
"Was that a complement?"
"I guess. I don't know. Never really said them."
"Then let me tell - you suck." You tried to sound serious but laughter still found its way through your lips.
"Just go and buy the tickets already."
"So you invite me to this park and now you want me to pay for it. Smooth move, Romeo. Now I see why you have never found a girlfriend." Just before Gilgamesh could answer you jolted towards ticket booth to buy those goddamned tickets.
"Shall we?" You asked with a smile and pointed to gates waiving colourful pieces of paper in front of your Spirit's face.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Place was huge and filled with people. Not your favourite kind of situation.
"Well I saw people enjoying things like arcade games, then Horror mazes and that huge wheel with seats that spins." Gilgamesh listed things thoughtfully.
"Hmm... Well arcades seem nice, perhaps I'll learn something that will help me against Kiritsugu." You thought and then instantly laughed at your own idea. How the hell will an arcade game help you against​ a master sniper?
"Can you stop thinking about the war for a second? At least for this evening?" Gilgamesh's question surprised you.
"How can I not think about it? It's not a thing I can ignore. I live in this war. I want to win it. We'll win it." Avalanche of words erupted from your mouth.
"Please. Just for this evening. It's not like something's​ going to happen. And if you are scared or something I'll always protect ​you, so don't worry." His lips formed a smile.
"I don't need protection!"
"It looked different to me when you were fighting lancer."
"That was a long time ago. I still wasn't in the rhythm of this war. Besides, he's a strong spirit. Heroic spirit."
"Does that means you'll forget it tonight?"
"Don't jump to conclusions!" Gilgamesh was starting to annoy you.
But the way he looked at you... Indescribable. Questioning look with a spice of demand. But still so soft. As if someone like him could look soft in any way.
"I..." Words got stuck in your mouth after another look. "Fine! Fine fine fine. But only for tonight. Then we'll go back to war business."
Triumphant look on Gilgamesh's face followed quickly after your answer.
"Fine! Then the arcade it is."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You both tried hard to find an arcade with so many people flowing in every direction. You still managed to capture few looks ladies were offering Gilgamesh after you two passed by. You couldn't blame them. He was indeed a sight worth admiring. And you couldn't ignore sudden touches you both made after people, who were also trying to find their destinations, forced your hands to make.
After what seemed like forever you finally found what you were looking for - an arcade tent. Cheerful voice greeted you two.
"Hello! Would you like to try our arcade? If you manage to hit all 7 targets you can get any of these huge fluffy stuffed toys." Man pointed to the shell behind him which had so many stuffed toys varying from pandas to unicorns. "Would your boyfriend like to try and win this match for his beautiful lady?"
Your cheeks immediately turned red.
"He's not my-"
"She's not my-"
You both started shouting at the same time and looked at each other. You didn't know if that was your imagination or you really saw a light shade of pink on Gilgamesh's milky cheeks.
"Don't worry sir, I can handle this." You said after a moment after realizing why you came here in the first place.
Look on old man's face was still a bit confused but he gave you the tool anyway.
"7 shots and you c-"
Manager was cut off in the middle of his sentence when he heard quick shots coming one after another.
Not even 7 have seconds passed and he looked at 7 targets on the ground. His jaw dropped wide when you casually have the pistol back to him.
"I didn't know you were capable of using guns. I thought that cutting was your specialty." You heard a small chuckle from Gilgamesh.
"I've told you once, that you still don't know a lot of things about me." You answered with a smile.
Veil of silence was still covering old man's mouth. He snapped moment after.
"T-that's was impressive. Haven't seen anyone do this with such confidence. But you did win this arcade, so tell me miss, which plushy would you like?"
"Unicorn please."
Another chuckle from Gilgamesh.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"So why unicorn of all things?" Gilgamesh asked when you both were wandering, trying to catch a glimpse of something worth going to.
"Hmm... I don't know. I just looked at it and name came to my mind, so I thought I'll take it. You can call it fate or love at first sight, who knows."
"A name? You are actually going to name your toy?" He asked surprised.
"Of course. Everybody deserves a name." You answered.
"Ok, so what's going to be the name of this thing?" Gilgamesh was eager and reluctant to hear your answer at the same time.
"Lay."
"Lay?"
"Lay."
"Why Lay?" Gilgamesh was trying to keep himself from laughing.
"It sounds nice. A name fitting a unicorn." You looked at your huge plushy which was half the size of you and smiled. How can a stuffed animal bring such happiness? Perhaps it was magical. You didn't care; you just loved this huge purple horse.
You felt Gilgamesh's hand on your shoulder stopping you.
"Would you like to try this?" He asked pointing at a terribly made signboard. You thought that perhaps owner of this place tried to make it scary as words on it identified this place as "Gordon's scary scary scary maze" but neither its name and colors with font made it look appealing or scary scary scary.
"That sounds... Pathetic." You couldn't find a better word that would describe this monstrosity.
"Don't tell me you're scared." Gilgamesh asked pretending to look shocked.
"Please don't start with this stupid mind game, of course I'm not scared, let's go if that's what you want." You grabbed his hand and sprinted towards an old grandpa who was waiting near the entrance.
"Hello, sir. We would like two tickets to this maze."
Grandpa who was comfortably sitting in his chair rewarded you both with a wide smile as (you guessed) you both were his first visitors in a while.
"Yes yes yes of course. It's going to be super scary." Man cheerfully said as his took your money and gave you both tickets. "You, young man," He pointed to Gilgamesh "better keep your girlfriend close, as this is going to be very very very scary!" He laughed as his own joke.
"He's not my-"
"She's not my-"
Again. Grandpa gave you both a questioning look but didn't say anything just pointed toward entrance.
"Good luck!" He shouted to your disappearing figures in the dark.
"Well that looks disappointing. Not that I was expecting anything in the first place." You gave disappointing look to your spirit.
"Don't look at me like that. I thought that this is one of those hidden jewels." Gilgamesh tried to excuse himself.