Chapter 18

I'M BACK BOIIIIS (and girls afkorz). I'm sorry I'm late. Love you all ♥

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When you finally opened your eyes first thing your eyes caught was a strand of golden hair on the other side of the bed.

"Finally you woke up. And here I thought you were dead or something."

"We usually say good morning to a person who just woke up." You turned your head to Gilgamesh who was casually laying on his back centimeters away from you.

"I wouldn't call this time of a day morning though." Young man said as he turned his body towards you.

You instantly rose on your feet and looked at the clock hanging on wall.

"3 p.m.! You have to be kidding me! Why haven't you woken me up?" You started accusing your Servant.

"You looked cute, didn't want to disturb." He answered like that was the most common thing in the world.

"They could have attacked us and- wait what?" Only after a moment his words really reached you.

"Don't worry; I haven't done anything bad like drawing inappropriate doodles on your face." He lightly chuckled. "Why are you freaking out so much? Yesterday was a hard battle, I took a lot of energy from you and you needed rest, so did I. Besides final battle is going to take place this night, definitely not during day, we can't start demolishing neighbor areas when so many people are active, so please calm down (y/n)."

His words were logical. Everything made sense. You didn't understand why you started freaking out in the first place.

"Yeah, you're right, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, I understand you're scared, it's the final battle after all."

"I'm not scared." You disagreed.

"Well you should. Only then you'll be able to understand what you can lose." Gilgamesh said seriously.

"I don't have anything to lose." You said and looked through the window. What you saw was a big forest far away from city. It had a temple – place where tonight's battle is going to take place. Area with loads of spiritual energy.

If you would have turned back few milliseconds earlier you would have seen flash of disappointment in Gilgamesh eyes but when you did met his orbs they reflected nothing more than confidence and enthusiasm.

"Then we have nothing to worry about."

And you both smiled to one another, not knowing that in the end you'll both lose something. And that something was right in front of each of you.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"That's the place." You voice echoed in the darkness, illuminated by nothing but the moonlight. Moon itself would occasionally hide beneath the clouds and uncover itself again, like a small kid ready to play.

Both you and Gilgamesh were making your way into the old temple located in the forest, miles away from city center. Not far away but enough to reduce the not-so-wanted attention from the outsiders.

"I can feel them somewhere here." Gilgamesh broke the silence.

"So no unexpected ambush then." You tried to sound at least a bit relieved but the burden of tonight's battle – the price, the losses, the pressure and silence of the forest, wasn't helping in setting the mood.