Epilogue

Warm. Sunny. Evening. Sun was already half visible, its other side idly hiding beneath sandy dunes. Star's red coloured its surroundings with scarlet light. Colour, which once represented blood trailing its path down your palms, was now warm and soothing. You casually stood in a balcony, resting your arms on its railings observing the town beneath.

Uruk was so different compared to the towns you've seen in your lifetime. Old, ancient but full of life. Full of smiling people. Everybody seemed to be extremely busy, preparing the city for tomorrow's celebration. Their king finally found its queen. But little did they know that their queen is a girl from the future. A girl, who killed, died, suffered to finally find her peace near the man she fought besides.

Suddenly, strong and familiar arms found their way around your waist, tugging you closer.

"Light colours good look on you." Gilgamesh whispered into your ear making you shiver.

Your lips formed a smile. "It's really hot, how do you people live here?" You asked turning around to face him, but never escaping the warm embrace.

Gilgamesh only shrugged. "You'll get used to it. And white clothing helps." He said lowering his eyes to the white robe you were wearing. A simple long white skirt and same-coloured cropped top embroidered with gold and red. Simple and elegant yet royal and graceful. Even if you didn't want to admit you looked good. Similar to the people you are going to rule. Only your pale complexion didn't seem to give up even after a week in Mesopotamia lands.

"Do you think they'll like me? Your people?" A question which was bothering you finally asked out loud.

"Our people." Gilgamesh corrected. "And yes, they will. They do. It's been a week. You interacted a bit with the commoners. They seem to be fond of you. Just heard some rumors that they think I keep you in some basement and do not give you enough sunshine." He chuckled brushing his fingers down your arm obviously having your pale complexion in mind.

Laugh escaped your lungs. A full and happy laugh.

"And do you?" You teased Gilgamesh.

"It's for you to decide. Do you want to go outside more often or stay indoors and continue with our activities..?" He answered, playful smirk on his lips.

Blush was hard to fight against. Golden-haired king only laughed, took your chin with his hand and gently joined your lips together.

"I think I'm happy with the way things are." You said after the kiss.

"Who would have thought my queen would be a playful, wicked girl from the future." Gilgamesh giggled.

"And who would have though the man I'll fall in love with would be an old man from the dessert somewhere far away from the past." You answered with a wide smile.

"A hot old man. And technically I'm similar age as you." He replied. "Do you have any regrets?" He asked after a moment.

You looked into his eyes, his warm red orbs and connected your foreheads together.

"None." You answered firmly.

Gilgamesh smiled and touched your cheek warming the skin under his fingers.

"I'm glad you're the one who summoned me."

"Me too."

And you kissed again. A warm and loving kiss filled with words you both already said but could repeat again and again.

"I love you." You both gasped between the kiss.

And sun finally disappeared. But you knew that another day will come and it will be next to the man you love. You knew that another day will come and will paint your future. Together. With him.