Sharing

Why can't I breathe?

Because my body is trying to tell me to die, because you are so stupid.

I am so stupid.

How stupid?

Very stupid.

My eyes dragged down the mirror one more time. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

"If you squint at yourself one more time. I'm going to hurt you" my mothers sharp voice slapped against my face.

I made a face at her through the mirror, before looking back at myself. The dress my Mom had squeezed me into was a pretty white color, it was tight as it rushed down my body and hugged my hips.

I turned back to look at her as she longed on my bed, picking at her nails, "shouldn't you be gone by now?" I asked her wary.

All week I'd been trying to get anything from this possible evil villain in front of me, but the idiocy was making it hard for me to think either one of my parents was capable of even conceiving and evil plan.

"Yes. But your Father had some of those tacos from Ruby's, so he should be taking a shit for the next two hours, there's no need for me to rush" she waved me away.

See what I mean! No possible way.

"You look fine Katrina, stop twitching. It makes me break out in hives. You know that" she glared at me through the mirror.

I sighed as I looked back at myself, he should be here soon. Why am I so nervous?

Because I've missed him so fucking bad that it hurts, and this is the make-up, the do-over, to the stupid break up that we had. 

Oh .. yeah, I guess that is it. 

"Who are you going with again?" she asked as she tried to shove her foot into one of my heels. 

I shrugged, "No one" I answered her annoying question for the twentieth time. I was obviously playing coy, because if I told this woman that 'The Blake Dun' was going to be my date tonight, I'm pretty sure she would rip half my dress of and stamp 'Marry Her' on my forehead. 

She muttered something to herself, but I was still trying to wipe the sweat from my armpit. 

God why am I so nervous?! It's just him, Blue. I've been plenty of places with him, so why the hell  do I feel like a 15 year old about to go out on her first date with her crush?!

"Mom ... is- is everything okay?" I turned and looked at her. 

She froze from trying to squeeze her size 10 foot into my size 8 shoe, "Kat... actually-" the doorbell rang, immediately cutting her off. 

Or finishing for that matter as she literally hauled ass out of my room and down the steps. 

Shit. 

I went sprinting after her, trying to at least stop her from opening the door, but it was too late. 

She yanked the door open just as I tripped down the last step, just barely catching myself from face planting. There he stood in an all black tux, his hair slicked back, a nervous smile etched on his lips. 

... "Corey?" I asked baffled. 

"H-hey Kat, I'm here to pic-" my Mom slammed the door dead in his face. 

My jaw dropped as I turned and looked at her unapologetic face, "Mom!" I hissed at her. 

She narrowed her eyes at me, "Why is that creation on my doorstep, Katrina?" she hissed back at me.