Chapter 22

"I can't believe you punched that guy right in the nose!" Lucy was overly excited and shocked about me punching that guy in the face.

The boys, Lucy, Izzy and I were all now outside in the front of the school. We had to get some fresh air and away from everybody so we all went to go sit down at the picnic tables outside.

"You didn't have to punch him. Now your hand is all swollen." Izzy frowned. "Violence is not the answer."

"You helped save Brad's ass again." Carter smirked. Brad rolled his eyes but a small smile appeared on his face. He looked over at me.

"A girl punched a guy straight in the face for you Brad. You better feel lucky because I know I would." Ian chuckled.

"Yeah my hand is throbbing!" I groaned.

Brad gently took my injured hand in his and looked at it. He then looked into my eyes and smiled. "Thanks again for having my back."

"No problem." I smiled back. We starred at each other for like a good few seconds until someone cleared their throat. We broke eye contact and Brad moved his hand away from mine.

"I would have had your back but one of the guys that was beating up Ian attacked me like a mad gorilla." Carter said.

"It's okay bro." Brad patted Carter on his back.

"Kali you should probably go to the nurse and get some ice on that." Lucy said.

"Yeah I should but what will I say?" I asked.

"Say you punched a wall." Ian said.

"Oh yeah and have her thinking I'm some kid with anger problems." I said.

"Yeah." Ian chuckled.

"Come on Kali. I will take you to the nurse before class starts." Lucy stood up and walked over to my side.

"I guess I will see you all later." I waved goodbye to them all. They all said their goodbyes to me and Lucy.

Lucy and I walked off and made are way back into the school and to the nurses.

~*~

It was Friday night and Brad and Carter had a football game tonight that they both begged me to go to. Okay mostly Carter begged me. Brad only did a little.

I threw on a pair of black skinny jeans and a sky blue v neck. I straighten my medium length hair and touched up my makeup. I sprayed on my warm vanilla perfume. I put on my black hightop converses and was now out of my room and downstairs.

Luke was standing at the door with Carter. Carter had on his football uniform and had his helmet in one hand. I have to say he looked really cute.

"Brad we are leaving!" Carter yelled.

We walked out the door and to the car.

"Man that kid is so slow. I swear he takes like five hours just to put on his football uniform." Carter shook his head and sighed in frustration. He started the car.

The back door of the car opened and in came Brad. He was in his football uniform and had his helmet in his lap. His hair was all messy in a cute way. He closed the car door.

"It's about time." Carter said.

"Oh shutup." Brad hissed.

~*~

The football game was okay. I was just glad it was over. Luke, Haliey and I walked down to where the boys were at.

The football players were all walking out to the parking lot. Carter, Brad and Hunter all walked over to us with big smiles on their faces. Hunter ran over to me and picked me up off my feet. He put me down and puckered his lips.