Chapter 35

"Okay so tell me this...do you like Brad?" Lucy asked. I decided to call Lucy and invite her over tonight. We were both sitting on my bed just having girl talk something we both needed. I told her everything that happened between Carter and I today. She couldn't stop laughing when I told her I pushed him off my bed.

"I don't know?" I shrugged.

"Yes you do now tell me!"

"Okay fine I kind of do." I admitted.

"Kind of?" She gave me a look like she didn't believe me. To be honest I didn't believe myself either. I knew somewhere deep inside I have feelings for him but I try to push them away because of Carter. I can't like both. I have to pick one. Carter is way nicer and mature about things unlike Brad who is mean and is immature about things.

"Kali!" Lucy pushed my arm. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her.

"Sorry what?"

"You like him more than kind of just tell me. I'm your best friend. I told you that I liked Hunter and trust me that was hard because it's Hunter the crazy, immature, dirty minded boy."

I let out a little laugh. "Okay fine I like him but I shouldn't."

"Well you shouldn't like Carter either." She added.

"I know but I can't help it. It's their faults!" I crossed my arms. Stupid stepbrothers and their stupid cute faces.

"You know what we should do?" She got up and walked over to my closet. She started pulling out some of my clothes.

"What and why are you taking all my clothes out?"

"Let's go to a party. I heard it's going to be really fun and we are invited because it's my friends party and he said I could bring a couple of friends." She walked over to me and threw a pair of ripped jean short shorts and a black v neck at me. "Put it on and then I will do your hair and makeup." She smiled and walked towards my bathroom.

"What if I don't want to go?"

"Well too bad because you're going even Izzy is going and she hates parties."

"Fine." I sighed. I quickly put on my outfit and then I put on my black hightop converse. I walked to the bathroom and let Lucy fix my hair. She curled it and I have to say it looks really good. Way better than what I can do. She was now doing my makeup. She put on more than I usually do but she didn't do it over the top where I don't look like myself. She put some lip gloss on me that made my lips look soft and a lighter pink.

"Alright girlie you're all ready!" Lucy smiled.

"Thank you for making me pretty." I hugged her tightly.

"I didn't make you pretty. You're already pretty!"

"Aw I love you." I pulled away from her and walked towards my perfume.

"I love you too. Now let's go! By the way I messaged Ian and he's coming to the party too so he's here to pick us up now."

"Oh okay." I sprayed my perfume on me and then followed Lucy out of my room.

~*~

"Okay babe let's calm down on the drinks." Hunter was taking Lucy's drink away from her. He threw the red cup into the grass and held onto Lucy who was stumbling all over the place.

"I'm not drunk." She giggled.

"Yes you are." Hunter said.

"Kali tell him to let me go." She said.

"If he let's you go you will fall." I said.

"Guys I'm not that drunk. Okay yes I'm drunk but not that much. Please let me go?" She looked up at Hunter and stuck out her bottom lip.