Chapter 53

I'm so sorry for the long wait!

I honestly didn't think it would take that long for me to update. I just couldn't decide what I wanted to write. I had another update that I was going to do but I wasn't really feeling it so I waited and finally I came up with this update. So here it is!

Oh and yes this update will be in only Brad's POV.

Enjoy reading my awesome people!<3

Brad's POV:

Sitting here waiting for her to wake up is one of the worst things I've ever had to do. The wait was all night and now afternoon. The nurses said she should be awake very soon. I sure hope so because I can't take this wait any longer.

"Brad I need to talk to you." Carter said in a voice only I could hear him but it's not like anyone is listening. My dad and Kali's mom are sleeping in these uncomfortable hospital chairs. Noah is also sleeping and Shawn went to go get some coffee. I should of went with him because I could really use something to wake me up. I've only slept for about an hour. I couldn't sleep because I was afraid Kali would wake up. I thought Carter was asleep but he must have woken up a little bit ago.

"Alright." I stood up and so did he. I followed him out of the waiting room and into the hospital hallway. I really do hate the smell of hospitals. "Where are we going?"

"Outside." He muttered.

"Why?"

"Because I need to talk to you." Great what does he want to talk to me about? Probably this whole thing about Kali and how she went outside alone. I regret not chasing after her. I didn't expect her to go far. I thought she would just walk a little ways and then come back. I should of went after her.

We walked outside the hospital and into this little garden. Carter stopped and faced me. He looked angry and Carter never really gets angry. Something about this didn't seem right. And guess what? I was right because next thing I knew his fist collided with my jaw.

My head jerked to the side. I could taste blood in my mouth. I spit it out and held onto my jaw. Yes I would of punched someone back if they punched me but it was Carter who punched me and I couldn't hit him back because then it would just cause a big fight between us and I didn't want that. We already have enough going on as it is.

"What the hell was that for?" I looked up at him. His cheeks were red not from blushing but from anger.

"That's for causing all of this! If you would have never had that disgusting slut of a girlfriend of yours in the house. Kali wouldn't have ran outside and if you would of just ran after her she wouldn't be in this damn hospital!"

"I know I should of ran after her. I hate myself for not going after her but how was I suppose to know her dad was going to be out looking for her that night!?"

He put both his hands in his hair, messing it up. "I'm sorry for punching you. I'm just...I don't know." He bent down and rested his elbows on his knees. His face was now in his hands. "I like her so much. What if something really bad happened...like her not even being here?"

I bent down next to him and patted him on the back. "I know you do. What's not to like about this girl? She's amazing and beautiful. She's definitely a fighter or else she probably wouldn't be here today but I don't want to think about her not being here."

"Why would her dad do this? She looked so bad last night. So much blood." His voice started to get shaky. He's probably remembering everything that happened last night. Kali's face was all swollen...I can't even talk about what she looked like last night because so much anger boils up inside of me. I swear if I see her dad again I will beat the shit out of him and like I said, I won't stop. "It's still all over you by the way." Carter lifted his head up from out of his hands and looked at my shirt that I had on from last night.

"Yeah I really need to change and take a shower but I told myself I wouldn't leave Kali until she woke up." I really do need to change though. Looking down at my shirt makes me a little nauseous.

"You look like a mess. Bloody shirt, bloody scraped up knuckles, swollen bottom lip, bruised cheek and a black eye. Did you even get to punch her dad?"

"Actually yeah I did. Too be honest I might of gotten him worse than he got me."

"Good." He pulled me into a side hug. "I want you to know something."

"Yeah?"

"Whoever she decides to pick. Let's promise not to hate on each other for the rest of our life's. Deal?"

"Deal."

He pulled away from me. We both stood up and faced each other. "Again I'm sorry for punching you. That isn't like me."

"It's okay I kind of deserved it." I shrugged.

"No you didn't. You already got beat up last night and now I probably just made your jaw even more sore."

I chuckled. "I'll be fine. Don't worry." I won't tell him this but damn my jaw hurts like hell. I'm surprised it's not broken...

"You're one tough kid. That's for sure. I would of been crying by now if I were you." He chuckled.

"What can I say? I'm a badass."

"You wish." He nudged my arm and pointed off into the distance. "Is that Shawn?" I squinted my eyes trying to see if that was Shawn or not. He's too far away to know. He yelled out our names and I now knew that was him because of his voice. He started jogging over towards us.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Kali's awake."

Kali's awake!!!!!!

I will try not to make you all wait that long like I did for this update but I'm not promising anything! This week is going to be a very busy week :/

I appreciate all of the votes and comments. I didn't expect so many people to like this book. The reads just keep going up and up! I get so happy and can't help but smile widely. Anyways thank you! I love you all and hope you have a great weekend! (:

Vote/Fan/Comment💕